Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2024

Saturday


It rained last night again but had stopped by morning.
No rain, drizzle, or fog this morning for walking.
64 degrees and a mix of sun and clouds once it got light.
Morning Walk Steps - 13,089

A nice walk all around town up the main road and side streets.
Walked around both of the cemeteries and the ball park too.
I walk the same places most days but not the same route.  


It was nice to see some sun and blue skies while walking.

Saw Rebecca out walking but far away and she was the only person I saw.

Another pretty leaf


🌀     πŸ     πŸ‚     πŸŒ€

Stitching morning at the library.
A good group of seven of us this time.
It was good to see the two young girls there again. 
Gabby still knitting and her sister is crocheting.

A program for kids was going on about owls, ducks and frogs which we listened in on.
Very interesting and the man Kevin made all the animal sounds and sounded just like the real thing.

I picked up two books I had requested and looked around and found 3 DVD's.

When I got back home there was a package waiting for me.
My new Keen waterproof hiking boots have arrived already.
I tried them on and they fit perfectly and feel just like my other walking shoes.
It might rain tomorrow so I may be able to try them out.

I made Broccoli Cheese Soup for supper tonight.
It had been a while since we had it.  
I had forgotten how good it is and very easy to make too.

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK

Comment Replies:
Billie Jo - You can find the pizza dough recipe HERE.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I like the little display of pumpkins, a big one and three smaller ones. It doesn't take much to make a pretty display.
Have a blessed Sunday

Tom said...

...I don't think that young girls are inclined to do needle crafts. Our two young granddaughters certainly aren't!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would sure have sneaked over to the owls ducks and frogs talk!

Rose said...

I have more to say than you want to hear so will try to shorten it...love the photos...love Sweet Gum leaves...love broccoli soup.