Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 05, 2024

Another sunny walk

and the temperature was 48 degrees.
Got to town at 6:20 and the sun rose at 6:49.
Morning Walk Steps 13,285.

First walked to the library and dropped off a book.
Then up and down all the streets around town.
Continued around the ball park loop and then both of the cemeteries.

Rebecca was out walking Leo and John out walking Prim.

I saw a man walking around town with one of those cameras that the people on  Youtube use.  Almost went and asked him what he was doing but didn't want to be on camera so didn't.

Couldn't decide which picture I like better so posted both.
Liked all the colors.



☀️       ☀️

I made us pancakes for breakfast.

We had to go to Lowe's to pick up some things. 
Also stopped in at a garden center.  So many great things to look at but didn't buy anything.
Next we went to Walmart but was in and out pretty quick because we only needed a few things.
Last stop before coming home was the library where we picked out a few DVD's.
Hopefully a couple of them will be good.

This afternoon was again spent working on the cross stitch and reading a little bit.
Sat out on the porch for a little while too.

That's all I have for today.
Happy Thursday
Thanks for visiting
HappyK🙂

It is no use walking anywhere to preach 
unless our walking is our preaching.
Francis of Assisi
19,241
4,760,503

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would have posted both photos, too! They are each really beautiful and have different viewpoints.

Tom said...

...I like the first one with the white eupatorium with the goldenrod and the red cranberry viburnum.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Pancakes really sound good! I haven't made those for a while. I love the quote at the end of this post. I also love both pictures you posted. Have a good Friday. See you then!

Dianna said...

Sounds like you must have a YouTube influencer in your area.
Your pictures are so pretty. Autumn is coming!
Pancakes sound good. I gave Carroll waffles this morning but I was just hungry for a bit of yogurt and a cup of tea.

Lowcarb team member said...

Both photographs are nice, pleased you posted them both.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I don't think I could have made a choice between those pics either...both are beautiful. Now I am wondering what the man was doing with the camera....

Lisa said...

It’s been beautiful here today too. Warm with a cool breeze.
Is that a photo of yellow bells?
Yum pancakes.
Lisa

Connie said...

I love pancakes, especially with homemade jam. Enjoy your sunny walks it won't be long before they're frosty walks again.

Ann said...

Yes, both photos are equally pretty. Love the colors in them.
Pancakes sound good. I almost made some the other day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Both photos are pretty, I like the colors.
Yesterday morning was cold here too, in the high 40's.
Take care, have a wonderful weekend!

Kerri Farley said...

Our weather has been nice and cool this week to. We are 48 this morning. Love your pretty flower pics and what a great quote!

Bill said...

The second pho.to is my favourite

Jennifer said...

Both pictures are beautiful! And the mornings are really getting cooler, aren't they??

Granny Marigold said...

Both of those pictures are lovely and thanks to Tom now I know what they are ( I only recognized Goldenrod).

ellen b. said...

Such a vibrant yellow in those photos. Our goldenrod is behind and not showing any yellow yet!