Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Tuesday

 52 degrees this morning when I got to town at 6:25.
Saw a few peeks of sun but it was mostly cloudy.
Sunrise was 6:34 but here is the sun coming over the mountain at 7:05 


Started my walk going to the post office to mail a card
and then to the library to drop off a book.

Started walking up the road to the school but then turned off
and walked through the barnyard and went the back way to the cemetery.


One of the horses came over to see what I was doing.
Poor thing has all burrs in his mane and tail.
Looks like he has curly hair till you get a closer look.




Walked around both of the cemeteries and then all over town.
Ended up by the DG Market where I turned around and
then went to the ball park.
My wrist vibrated and that signaled it was time to head back to the Jeep.

You don't want to mess with the dog that lives here.  🐕 🙂


No one else around this morning.

Morning Walk Steps
13,513

☁️    🌥    ☁️

Got a load of laundry washed and hung on the line.

Got a crock pot of chili started this morning.

Did the usual house stuff and then worked on the
cross stitch.
Too chilly to sit out on the porch and read,
but nice if you had to work outside.

Happy Tuesday and thanks for visiting.
HappyK🙂

Comment Replies:
Dianna - Ken will make a frame for the cross stitch when I get it done.  I'm giving it to our Pastor and his wife Kathy.  Standing on His Promises is our church theme this year and I just thought the cross stitch would be perfect to give them.

Debby - Pink Peep wasn't sitting by Santa but by Mr. Snowman and he stays out all year.  I don't put out Christmas decorations till the first or second week in Dec.

Rose - Yes, I do miss walking in the sunshine but it is still light out.  When I get to town the street lights have just turned off.  I know it won't be very long before I'll be walking in the dark again though.
I now have 25 pot holders hanging up and still have room for some more! 🙂
19,050
4,280,798

18 comments:

Tom said...

...that barn is a beauty and I see that the corn is as high as an elephant's eye!

doodles n daydreams said...

Today is like that here as well Karen, too cool to sit outside but quite pleasant if you're out and about in it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I missed yesterday so had to catch-up. I enjoyed seeing your potholders. I think that is such a fun decoration for your dining room and kitchen. Yep, I would definitely stay away from that dog lives behind that "beware of dog" sign. Sounds like it is getting cooler there. We are still hot here, but the temps are dropping. Have a Wednesday. See you then!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sky is pretty. Yes, it is turning cooler! It makes me mad that those people do not take very good care of their poor horse!

Granny Marigold said...

I feel sorry for that poor horse but I'm not sure if the burrs actually bother him or not. Hopefully they don't.

Mari said...

It's cooler here too - 48 degrees this morning. I liked your trip through the barn yard, always nice to see a barn. But I hope they take care of those burrs!
Yes, best to stay away from that dog!

Rose said...

I love those first two photos...the barns are a wonderful shot.

I did a search of your blog and found a page you showed your pot holders but did not think to count them. I was thinking we could shop for each other...I liked everything you had on your wall! LOL

Dianna said...

Sounds like you had a good day. The breezes were a bit chilly today.

That cross stitch will be a treasured gift for your pastor and his wife.

Ann said...

I like the looks of the bar. Poor horse. Guess he got himself into the wrong spot to get all those burs.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely horse.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Love the sky, the barn and the horse. Beautiful photos.
We had an early morning walk, it was chilly.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful weather! It's still HOT here but I have lots to do inside this week. Love your photos and beware of dog! lol

Bill said...

Chili sounds great. I guess the sign frightened the dog. :)

Debby said...

Thanks for the answer.
I love brushing horses. Poor guy. I wonder why his owner is not giving him that tactile attention horses like.

ellen b. said...

Great photos on your walk on Tuesday, Karen. Oh how I steer clear of mean dogs!

Hill Top Post said...

52 degrees would send me back inside to grab a jacket. It was 62 here this morning which made for some great walking. I love the red barn!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Your barn photos are beautiful! Chili sounds perfect for a day like today. I am doing laundry and reading blogs this afternoon. Have a cozy evening!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello, I'm stopping by to say thank you for your kind thoughts and condolences on Eddies passing.

I do hope to get back to regular blogging soon.
In the meantime, my thanks again to you.

All the best Jan

PS That's a lovely barn and always nice to see horses.