Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 16, 2024

Looking Down



It was 65 degrees and after that beautiful sunrise it was
a cloudy morning walk.

Walked all around town first thing and up and down all the side streets.
Then around both of the cemeteries.
Never made it to the ball park today.

Another house in town for sale.
This one is on the road behind our house when we lived in town.
Eric lives here who I know from walking.
He used to walk his dog Sparky but haven't seen them for quite a while.

They haven't lived here for very long, maybe 3 or 4 years.
They've done a lot of work to the house and I am surprised to see it for sale.
The sign was just put out so it is not up on Zillow yet.



Someone drew a hopscotch game and of course I had to hop up
and down it. 🙂


No one out and about town when I was there.
A quiet morning but a good one for walking!!

Morning Walk Steps
13,172

☁️    ☁️    ☁️

The only housework I had to finish up today was dusting.

I worked on the counted cross stitch a good long while
but made two mistakes which took a long time to fix.
Thankfully I fixed them and all is well again.

Came across this picture on the internet of the area where we live.
I've drawn a box in the right hand corner where you can 
see part of our house.


Finishing up this post and then we will make our Friday night
supper for pizza.

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂
17,686
4,211,572

17 comments:

Tom said...

...your neck of the woods looks gorgeous.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks like you have a really nice house. And you also live in a wooded area, though it does not look like you do from looking at your walk photos.

Mari said...

That is a gorgeous sunrise! Glad you played hopscotch. :)
I enjoy those arial views. Your area is so pretty.

Dianna said...

Hello HappyK. I missed you yesterday. Oh my goodness...that sunrise is beautiful! Glad you took the time to jump on the hopscotch board someone drew.

Barwitzki said...

We played it as kids too... great, it's known worldwide.
A warm greeting comes to you from Viola.

Rose said...

I am glad to see someone still enjoys hopscotch....my girls used to make a game go the length of the block and around the corner at our house. It will be interesting to see the house once it is up on Zillow.

Debby said...

I used to love hopscotch. My favorite was Chinese hopscotch and instead of rocks we used trinkets as our placeholder.

Beautiful area. What type of trees are those? Are they deciduous?

Prims By The Water said...

I would have hopped too. How fun. WOW there are lots of trees by you. Is that a state or local forest? Janice

Granny Marigold said...

You live in the middle of a lot of trees!! I looked for David & Liz's cabin but I couldn't see it. Too many trees.

Sandi said...

Gorgeous sunset!

Ann said...

I always wonder why people move out of a house so soon after moving in. That looks like a nice size house and 2 garages.
Love the aerial view of where you live.

Bill said...

Beautiful sunrise. What a great location to live with all those trees.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that you in the Internet photo?

God bless.

Retired Knitter said...

Neat picture of your house.

eileeninmd said...

Love the sunrise. Your house is in a lovely area.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Kim said...

I don't think I could resist jumping on that hopscotch spot either!

Kerri Farley said...

You live in a beautiful place!! Love that sunrise pic!