Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 30, 2024

Foggy Walk

62 degrees this morning for walking and pretty foggy out there too.
By the end of my walk the fog was gone and it was sunny.

Walked all around town up and down all the side streets,
both of the cemeteries and the ball park loop too.

Took LOTS of foggy pictures.
It was hard to narrow them down to these.






Saw a runner,
Carmen walking with a friend,
and Rebecca.

This wet spot looked like a dog head to me.
Ken added that it was looking at a T-Bone.


Morning Walk Steps
13,227

🌫    🌤

We ended up getting a LOT of rain last evening!!

I've been wanting to go through and organize my knitting needles
and I finally got that done today.
First I put them all out on the floor.
Then put everything in order by sizes.


Next I went through it all and got rid of the ones I didn't need or
want anymore which are the things in the top of the picture.

Then put the ones l was keeping in the case by size.
Circular needles all in the tote box.

Now everything is in order and neatly in the case and tote.


The needles I don't want I'll bring tomorrow to the library and see
if anyone from the stitching group can use any of them.

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK 🙂
Comment Replies:
Diana - Not a bike lane just nice wide shoulders.  

Ginny - Don't really have a recipe for tuna/chicken casserole. Just a can of chicken,
with a little mayo and melted Velveeta cheese.  Cooked pasta shells get added to the mixture.  Some shredded cheddar is put on the top with some bread crumbs and then baked till hot.  I never measure anything just eye it from making is for so many years.🙂 
16,816
4,654,341  

14 comments:

Tom said...

...fog adds a touch of magic to the landscape.

Debby said...

#2 photo is my favorite.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Yes, you did have a very foggy day! Wow, you have a lot of knitting needles, and now they are all so neat and organized! I think I will try your very easy sounding tuna/chicken casserole recipe! I am always looking for something quick and easy. See you again tomorrow!

Lowcarb team member said...

The foggy pictures look so good, very atmospheric.
Well done on sorting out your knitting needles.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

Karen all of the fog pictures are so pretty. It would be hard to pick a favorite
We had a lot of thunder and lightning last night but no rain. We attended a funeral in Oakland today and a lady we spoke with said that they had rain for several hours last night. Glad you had some rain.

Mari said...

Oh, how I love your foggy photos! There is something about a cemetery in the fog that is beautiful.
That's a lot of knitting needles!

Bill said...

Your fog photos are awesome. I like the one with the barn, looks like where the cattle hang out when they are out.

Rose said...

I love the foggy shots....I always want to go to take pics but too dangerous to drive in some of the fog.

Question...how come you don't like some knitting needles and do others? do they feel different in your hand or is it their length? Inquiring mind wants to know.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sounds like you are a natural cook. Do not need recipes to make good dishes. The fog photos are gorgeous! Especially the second one, which looks like an enchanted forest. And the barn. Fog turns everything into a mysterious wonderland.

Granny Marigold said...

Your foggy pictures are obviously appreciated by all of us. I think they are superb.
You do have ( or should I say HAD) a lot of knitting needles.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's Autumn once more.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Love the foggy images, the barn scene is my favorite.
You do have lots of knitting needles.
Have a great weekend.

Ann said...

Fog always gives everything a mysterious look. When I would take Wade to work in the morning I would often drive through fog and would see so many things that made me want to stop and take pictures. I never could because I was on my way to work.

ellen b. said...

That is a nice tote to keep things organized. Those foggy photos are so fallish and moody. Happy Labor Day weekend to you!