Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday

 More fog this morning but not like yesterday and it didn't
last very long.


It was 63 degrees and when the fog left it was a mix of sun and clouds.

First walked over to the post office and mailed a card.
Then headed over to the industrial park and walk all around there.


Last place I walked was around the lower cemetery.
 
The property that runs along the side of the cemetery where I thought
they were going to build a garage,
looks like it is going to be a pole barn.


Very quiet around town and didn't see anyone at all.

Morning Walk Steps
13,316

🌤    🌤

Stitching day at the library.
There were 5 of us there.
Took the extra needles but no one could use them so brought
them back home again.
They don't take up much room so I'll just keep them.
I have so many needles because most of them belonged to
my mother and the case was hers too.

I was sitting around deciding what I wanted to do when I remembered
about the second batch of Snickerdoodle cookies I had to bake
for tomorrow so that's what I did.

We had some strong winds and thunder storms pass through
this afternoon and more are supposed to be on the way.

Happy Saturday and I'm glad you stopped by.
HappyK🙂
Comment Replies:
Rose - I guess it wasn't that I didn't like the needles I just had too many.  I do prefer knitting with circular needles because you can't lose a needle.🙂 
17,903
4,672,244

17 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I love those distant foggy views. Our cold front has stalled for now, so we will have to wait for a cooler foggy morning.

Debby said...

I have all my mom and grandma’s crochet needles as well as embroidery hoops and some tool my grandma used for tatting.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We just had one of those severe storms. Well, it is nice that you still have your Mom's needles and case.

Tom said...

...I've seen plenty of patched together barns, that one tops the list.

Bill said...

Great foggy photo. We had a nice sunny and warm day, we don't get that combination very much but it was sooo nice to have it.

Prims By The Water said...

What a cool old barn. They sure dont make them like they use to. Janice

Mari said...

Another nice foggy shot.
Those old barns had character. Pole barns are nice, easier to put up I've heard, but nothing compares to the old barns.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope those strong winds and thunder storms don't do any actual damage!

Rose said...

The foggy views always appeal to me...I think all my life. If I ever knitted, I would need the circular needles for that very reason.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Snickerdoodles sound yummy. I should made some. Glad you had a nice day. We have had a nice, sunny, warm day here. No storms. See you again tomorrow!

Ann said...

I can't believe none of the people there were interested in your knitting needles.
Snickerdoodles sure do sound good.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos! The storms keep missing us here.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photos in the fog.

God bless.

Kerri Farley said...

I love foggy mornings! We had storms last evening and several locations lost power - thankfully we did not.

Dianna said...

Sounds like a good turnout at the library for the stitching ladies.

We had some of that storm too. Thankful for the rain.

ellen b. said...

Being a city girl most of my life, I never hear of pole barns but now they are a part of our new life in the country. How nice to stitch together with others.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a nice foggy capture.

All the best Jan