Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Another pretty sunrise

 A warm morning with a temperature of 67 degrees.
It was a cloudy morning with no breeze.

Another pretty sunrise to look at as I walked around the lower cemetery.


Walked around the other cemetery and then over to the ball park
to walk that loop a couple of times.

Going past the fire house I noticed the all the paving 
of the parking lot and out back has been finished.

Walked through town going up and down all the side streets
and then headed down the main road towards home and then
back to town again.


Nice walking along the main road because I'd get a nice breeze
when the cars drove by and a really BIG breeze from the big trucks.

Saw a couple of rabbits in the cemetery.
Didn't see anyone out walking.

Morning Walk Steps
13,281


☁️    ☁️

The rain stopped last night before I had to leave for church so I went after all.
We are studying Joseph who is one of my favorite
men of the Bible so didn't want to miss it.
Our Pastor really goes into detail and I learn so much.

After breakfast this morning we did our food shopping at WallMart.
Lowe's is just down the road from there so we stopped in there too.

I was going to buy a bottle of nail polish but just couldn't
make myself pay 7 - 9 dollars for a little bottle.
I'll check out the DG Market here in town.

By the time we were back home the cloudy day was gone and we had a sunny one.
Another nice afternoon for sitting on the front porch.



The wind picked up and we heard thunder but it only rained
for about a minute.

Supper today was roasted vegetables and sausage.
We eat this quite often and is one our favorites.

Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂
Comment Replies:
GrannyM - The ice cream flavors we bought today are my favorites, Mint Chocolate Chip and the Triple Chocolate.  The two that Ken picked out are Black Cherry and Chocolate. Turkey Hill brand.
19,401
4,635,552

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure have wide shoulders on that road!

Rose said...

It sure is another beautiful sunrise! It is pouring rain here at the moment. Has for a while. I tried to sit outside and read earlier before the rain, but it was so warm and I got so sleepy I came inside. I would have been asleep if I had been in a swing.

Dianna said...

We have had thunder tonight but only a few sprinkles as well But whether we get actual rain or not, the temperature has definitely dropped... which is a relief. Your sunrise was beautiful. Glad you were able to make it to church last night.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I didn't see you yesterday and was concerned that you may have been sick. But I see now that somehow I had just missed you on my sidebar. I'm glad for that. You have the most beautiful sunrises! If it is no trouble, I would like the recipe for your tuna/chicken casserole.

Lowcarb team member said...

Roasted vegetables and sausage make a tasty meal.

All the best Jan

Debby said...

Pretty sunrise! Your shoes must be really protective walking on all that asphalt. The pounding really bothers my knees, and lower back. I do need new shoes. When there’s a dirt path I will always prefer that.
I’m too nervous to walk out on our road - people around here on their phones, texting. That's why I prefer to use the walking trails.
I always paint my nails. I figure it’s cheaper than going to a manicurist. The last pedicure I had was over $50 plus tip. That was in May. I decided I would do it myself or my husband can “pamper” me! 🥰
I’m having mint chocolate chip ice cream this evening, too.

Mari said...

That was a really pretty sunrise. The little planter is blooming so nicely!
I like studies on Joseph too. Several years ago we got to see the production of Joseph at the Sight and Sound Theatre in PA. It was so good!
Bob's eating mint chocolate chip ice cream right now. I'm not an ice cream lover, but her enjoys it.

doodles n daydreams said...

We are studying Joseph at church as well. He really was an inspiring person. Our pastor also goes into a lot of depth.
Is that a bike lane on the side of the road? Nice and wide for walking anyway. 😀

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I didn't know nail polish was so expensive! I rarely use it, and at that price, I'm not likely to start. I just don't like how it feels on my nails. Wow, that is a beautiful sunrise picture. I enjoy in-depth scripture study too. Have a good Friday. See you then!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that truck carrying a house?

God bless.

Ann said...

That is a pretty sunrise. Nice view for your walk. Those potted flowers are pretty too.
I don't blame you for passing on the nail polish. That's a crazy price. The last time I bought any I got it at Dollar Tree so only $1.25

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sunrise, a lovely start to your day! I love the flowers and the pretty sky captures. I like the roasted veggies with sausage too.
Take care, have a great weekend!

Prims By The Water said...

The sunrise was beautiful although the saying here is red sky in morning, sailors take warning...meaning rain and storms are coming. Janice

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful sunrise!!

Faith said...

Such a pretty sunrise. I need to start getting out earlier to do my walks. I wish I had a quiet town like you...we are in the suburbs of Albany NY (capital region) and the main roads are horribly busy and traffic goes SO fast. I have to either drive to one of our parks or bike trails or walk my neighborhood which really only gives me 6,000 steps. I've got some serious cervical spine issues going on and walking does help a bit but it hinders me too. If that makes sense. I love that you get so many steps in before the day has hardly begun!!

Bill said...

You get a lot of beautiful sunrises. Sausage sounds great, I'll have to go and buy some.

ellen b. said...

Lovely sunrise and skies! Yikes that was a high price for nail polish.