Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Apples and Animals

Was at town and walking at 6:20.
It was 65 degrees and sunny.
Sunrise 6:21

Walked around both of the cemeteries first.

Bulls also like to eat apples.
Here's three of them under the apple tree down near the Drane house.
They take them right off the tree from the branches they can reach.


Then stopped back at the Jeep to pick up a DVD and walked over
to the library and dropped it off.

Continued all over town and then down toward home and back again.

Stopped at the Jeep again and this time picked up a bag
and went and collected more apples to bring home for the deer.
When I put the apples in the car I picked up a package I had to mail
and walked over to the post office and mailed it.

The post office opens at 8:00 and I timed it perfectly.
I was just walking in the door and Dwayne was just unlocking the
door to the lobby.

Walked back to the Jeep and this time got in it and drove home.

Carmen was out walking again.
Saw a man today walking pushing a stroller.
Along one side of the stroller was toddler and along the other side a dog.
The other child was riding her bike along with them.
He had his hands full.

Morning Walk Steps
13,108

☀️    ☀️    🌤

Since we had to go to Oakland again we went food shopping at
Walmart again this week.

Got pictures of the deer eating the apples off the rock outback.
I put water out for them too and often see them stop and take a drink.
These three deer we see most every day.




I picked up the cross stitch that I had so much trouble with
yesterday trying to put the two halves together of the pattern.
I guess just needed a break because today I had no trouble at all!!
So I worked on that awhile.

Then went out on the porch again and read.
Easy read and should finish the book this evening.
I'll be all set for the Thursday book club meeting.

We had roasted sausage and vegetables for supper today.

That's all for today.
Happy Tuesday
Thanks for stopping by
happyone🙂 
18,667
4057,202

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I bet that the deer would enjoy the apples too.

Dianna said...

You are so kind to put out water for the deer along with the apples. I read an article the other day that was talking about putting out water close to hummingbird feeders, too, so that they could have a drink. And then there are the butterflies....

It sounds as if the gentleman who was pushing the stroller had his day cut out for him. I love seeing men being involved with the children as well as the mom.

ellen b. said...

Those apples are a special treat! You got lots done with your back and forth! Enjoy your evening!

Debby said...

That is so neat that you have deer to love on.

Mari said...

I like seeing the bulls.
The deer are very happy with your apples!

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindas fotos mi favorita la segunda. a mi tambien me gustan las manzanas. Te mando un bes.

Lisa said...

Deer are so fun to watch. I love that you give them treats.
Roasted sausage and veggies sound delicious. We like to grill sausage with onion and peppers and eat on a hot dog bun.
Lisa

Ginny Hartzler said...

The deer look like they are really enjoying themselves, thanks to you!

Rose said...

It would be so much fun to have deer to watch, too. The fawn is so adorable!

Ann said...

i bet those deer appreciate the snack you leave for them.
I'm picturing that guy you spotted with all those kids and a dog. Sounds like he had it under control though.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful creatures.

God bless.

Bill said...

The deer must love you and look forward to visiting you.

Granny Marigold said...

I notice that from time to time you have a comment in Spanish and I wondered if you spoke it at all> I took one year of Spanish and remember enough to understand easy sentences. It's fun to exercise my brain that way LOL.