Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 01, 2024

Pink Peep Monday

 

A beautiful cool morning at 52 degrees when I arrived in town and
started walking. (56 at the end of my walk)
It was sunny, with some clouds, and breezy.

Walked to the post office first and mailed a birthday card
to our third grandchild, Scout (21).

I was a little chilly so went back to the Jeep to get my sweatshirt.
Then walked down the main road towards home a ways,
turned around and came back to town.


By the time I got back to town I was warm so stopped at the
Jeep again to put my sweatshirt back.

Continued my walk around the lower cemetery and then through
the main part of town and up and down some of the side streets.

The geese family were enjoying a paddle around the pond.


The people building a garage have finished digging it out and
poured the footings.
It will be nice watching the progress.


I walked around the upper cemetery last.

Quiet around town this morning.
Didn't see anyone else.

Don't know what these flowers are but love the bright orange color.
Tom informed me that these flowers are 
Butterfly weed, Asclepias tuberosa.
Thanks Tom. ๐Ÿ™‚


Morning Walk Steps
13,561

๐ŸŒค    ๐ŸŒค

I didn't feel like cleaning the bathroom so that is the first
thing I did to get it over with.
But what a nice feeling to be done with it!!

Did some laundry - such a great day for it.


Did some other household chores and just have the half bath
and the laundry room to do tomorrow.
I'm surprised how much I got done today!!!

Stayed cool all day, it may have reached a high of 70 at one point.

Pink Peep decided to sit on top of an old milk bottle this week.


That's all for today.
Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone๐Ÿ™‚
19,159
3,245,067

16 comments:

Bill said...

The geese floating around the pond is beautiful. Looks like the garage will be a big one.

Michelle said...

The photo of the geese is just beautiful!

Tom said...

...that is butterfly weed, Asclepias tuberosa, a fabulous plant!

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Birthday to Scout. Just love that pink peeps. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the geese on the pond and that orange flower is a lovely colour.
Pink Peep looks good perched on top of the milk bottle.

Happy July Wishes.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is my favorite Peep location!

Mari said...

The photo of the road with the blue sky, clouds and the church is gorgeous!
Looks like you got lots done today. That feels good!
The pink peep looks perfect there.

Rose said...

You had a cool start to your day, too...I don't remember July having these cool temps...it was 61 here this morn at almost 9:00 am. You were busy today...you always get so much done.

Dianna said...

Wasn't the cooler temps a blessing today? I certainly enjoyed it and was able to get a good bit of housework done as well!

I love seeing clothes hanging on a clothesline.

I like where Pink Peep found to land this week!

Granny Marigold said...

Pink Peep is so cute sitting there on the milk bottle! You had a busy and productive day. Being Canada Day we celebrated and I will have my usual Monday on Tuesday this week. I'll probably end up being confused about what day it is all week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Sounds like a lovely cool day where you are. Your Pink Peep sure does get around! I love your philosophy of doing the thing you don't want to do first and getting it over with! I hope you have a great week. See you again soon!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
All the photos are great, I like the butterfly weed, very pretty.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the pink rabbit.

God bless.

Ann said...

Those orange flowers are really pretty. Good idea doing the job you didn't want to do first and getting it out of the way. I normally procrastinate and then it doesn't get done.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! We also had/are having cooler temperatures. It is pleasant, isn't it?? Enjoyed your walk today, my friend!

The Furry Gnome said...

We've got some orange flowers I don't recognize; maybe that's what they are.