Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Tuesday

 

I got to town this morning and started walking at 6:20.
It was 53 degrees and sunny.

First walked around the lower cemetery.


Then headed down the main road toward home a half mile and then
turned around and walked back to town.

Walked around the upper cemetery.
Slowly I walked toward the geese family on the bank of the pond
and they let me get pretty close to take this picture.
Aren't the babies getting big!


From there I walked to the ball park, around there, through town
and up and down some of the side streets.

Joy was out walking and so was Rebecca and I saw both
of them two different times.

Morning Walk Steps
13,334

☀️    ☀️

Got the rest of my house chores done this morning. 🙂
Washed the sheets and they dried so fast outside that
they were back on the bed by 11:00! 

After lunch we made a shopping trip to Walmart.
We seem to be going there more often than I'd like,
but most things are cheaper there.

On the way home we stopped at the library.
Picked up the book club book
and a DVD.

After putting all of the groceries away I worked on the
counted cross stitch.
I can't believe how fast time goes by when I do that!!!

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Tuesday and again thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂
20,551
3,265,618

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the first image and you sure are tall!

Debby said...

Oh those cool temps sound so nice.

Rose said...

I noticed how tall you were, too. And those babies are getting big. I am looking forward to seeing what you thing about the book...if it is the one by Tom Brokaw?

Mari said...

I really like that farm.
I see your tall shadow!
Yes, those babies are growing fast.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The first photo is stunning! Is that light bar on the ground the color of the grass, or the way a sunbeam is shining on it?

Linda said...

More nice images of your walk. The temp sounds great too since my part of the country is still dealing with 105 temps. We had a more temperate spring this year, for which I'm very grateful, but now we have to get through the hottest part of the summer. Again, I'm so impressed with the many steps you get on your walks.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is such a cute picture of mama goose and her babies. I don't like going to Walmart either, and, like you, we went up going there way more often than I want to. Let me know how you like the book by Tom Brokaw. I thought it was pretty good. I hope you have a good Wednesday.

Ann said...

I enjoyed seeing your photos. I had to laugh because I was off yesterday and you were out walking before I was even out of my pajamas

eileeninmd said...

Great photos, love the geese and the shadow shot..
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Kerri Farley said...

It is amazing how fast the goslings grow up. Jim and I have also been watching a family over the past 7-8 weeks. Love your shadow in the 2nd pic :)

Bill said...

The farm looks lovely in that location.

Prims By The Water said...

Wish it was cool here. We are back to the high temps and humidity. Janice