Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Another Pretty Day

 64 degrees this morning when I got to town and started walking.
It was sunny with just the slightest breeze.

Started out walking back down the road I just drove up
a ways and then back to town.

Walked around the lower cemetery and then up and down a couple
of streets in town.
Made my over to the DG General and walked up and down
the street behind there.

Then it was back to town, around the ball park loop
 and to the pond where my Jeep is parked.




Rebecca was out walking and we ran into each other
at three different places.

There was a green heron at the pond this morning.
I didn't see it till I was at the edge of the pond and
then it flew off.

Some more work is being done on the house across from the pond.
There is a truck in the driveway with a license plate
on it from Missouri.


I counted 10 yard sales around town!!
Passed up every single one.

Found a Penny in the DG Market parking lot.

Morning Walk Steps
13,053

☀️    ☀️

Stitching day at the library.
There were 4 of us there this time.
All of us knitting.
We were all surprised to see Mikey with a new haircut.
She had all her long hair cut off, 14 inches of it.
She looks great with short hair!!!

Not much got done around here this afternoon.
I knitted a little more, read, and did a little bit more on my cross stitch.
Always nice sitting out on the front porch while I read.

That's it for today
happy Saturday
happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Melanie - Yes, that was a fun day.  I haven't had my Corvette for 5 years now, and I do miss it at times. Ken will frame the cross stitch.  It is a gift for our Pastor and his wife Kathy.  This year the theme at our church is God's Promises.

Billie Jo - If you look under the header you will see a tab named WALKING FAQ.  If you click on it should answer your walking questions.
I don't drink coffee.  I usually drive to town 2 miles away and park at the pond but  once in a while I walk from home.
16,543
3,456,578  

14 comments:

Tom said...

...this is the season for yard sales. We don't need more stuff!

Mari said...

You have such pretty scenery around you.
14 inches was quite a haircut!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Everything looks so beautiful and golden, like sunset!

Rose said...

I love the lighting in the second shot.as well as the view. You did great in passing by the yard sales...

HWIT BLOGG said...

You live in such a beautiful area! Who wants to sell and leave this???
Love from Titti

doodles n daydreams said...

Well done passing by all the yard sales, I don't know that I could.

Katerinas Blog said...

Looks like you had another positive and beautiful day, glad you stopped by all the yard sales! Have a beautiful week!

Ann said...

I read about yard sales in the area and think about going but in the end I pass on them. I know I don't need to bring any more junk home with me.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos! The Green Herons are kind of shy.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

ellen b. said...

Passed up those yard sales and you are ahead a penny! :) Pretty photos!

Bill said...

Looks like another beautiful day. We don't have yard sales but we do have plenty of charity shops.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely photos, especially the lake.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your counted cross stitch is a great gift for your pastor.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots.