Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 12, 2024

Friday Farm Loop Walk

 It was 59 degrees when I started walking this morning.
64 when done.
Lots of sunshine and just a little breeze.
Sunrise is now at 6:00.

The geese family were at the edge of the parking lot and didn't
even run off when I got out of the Jeep.

Got to town and started walking at 6:20.
Todays walk took me around the Farm Loop.





Once back in town walked around the loop at the ball park,
back through town and to the Jeep.

Today and tomorrow is yard sale day in town.
There were quite a few getting set up when I walked.
I don't stop and look.
Like I've said before I don't want to find anything I 'NEED'
so it's better if I don't even look.

Morning Walk Steps
13,359

☀️    ☀️

Got another load of laundry washed and hung out on the line.

Then we drove down to Oakland to the Lowe's there to look at freezers
to replace the one that died.
Thought briefly about a chest one but don't want to have to dig
around in it to find things.
So it will be an upright one.
Found a nice small one.
There wasn't one that we could take home with us so when we
got home we ordered it on line.
Should be delivered on Monday.
It worked out better this way anyway because they will take the old one away.

Did a little more work on the cross stitch.
I've put a picture of it up on my other blog.
If you care to see it click

Happy Friday
Thanks for stopping by
happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Kerri - My eyes aren't what they used to be either and it takes me longer now to do the counted cross stitch. My father had some strong magnifier glasses that I wear. I also need very good light.  Sunlight is best but I have an OTT light which works great.
19,680
3,440,035

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see blue skies in your photographs.
We have an upright freezer, and find it's perfect.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I like the touch of red in the third image!

Mari said...

I really like the second pic walking through the corn. It speaks summer in the country!
I didn't get a chest freezer for the same reason. I have a smaller sized upright and really like it.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The second photo, with the way the sun is on the fields, is so beautiful. Your walks are so full of beauty and nature.

Granny Marigold said...

You were lucky to find an upright freezer the size that you wanted. It's nice that it will be delivered and the old one taken away.
I wonder if David & Liz will browse the garage sales tomorrow for things they might "need".

Rose said...

I really love the views down the roads...always favorites with me. It is so hard not to look at yardsales, but like you I don't need to find something I don't need. LOL

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the counted cross stitch. We have a small upright freezer and it sure comes in handy. I'm with you - when we bought ours, I didn't want to dig through a chest type freezer. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Ann said...

Love the photos from the farm loop. Those views are fantastic.
I'm impressed with your self control to not even look at the yard sales.

Kerri Farley said...

Such a beautiful area for walking. Thanks for the link to your cross stitch. It is lovely!

ellen b. said...

You just can't beat having large items delivered! Looks like the corn is growing! Happy weekend to you.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful scenes and photos from the farm loop.
You have a lovely place for your walks.
Have a happy weekend.

Melanie said...

Your cross stitch is just beautiful! Are you going to frame it when it's done?

Guess what I ran across last week? A photo of me sitting in your red Corvette the day we all met for lunch. That was a fun day.

I've not been feeling well but want to get back into walking next week, early in the morning. By mid-day it's sweltering out.

Have a great weekend!

Bill said...

It looks so calm and peaceful where you walk. Have a nice day!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I wish I could be like you! What time do you get up? Do you walk right away? Do you have your coffee first? You drive and park somewhere, right? Is it always the same place? And how many days a week do you walk? Sorry for all the questions. I just need to take the plunge!

Komal Jha said...

Just yoyo
https://touristplacesandattractions.blogspot.com/

William Kendall said...

Beautiful photos.