Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Another Pair of Walking Shoes

65 degrees this morning and cloudy when I went walking in town.
Walked the basic loop around town that I walked the last
couple of days but this time added a bit at each end of town so I 
didn't have to walked two loops.
I went down the road towards home a ways and then turned
around and walked back to town on one side.
The other end of the loop I walked to the DG Market and the
road behind the store.

This photo is for you Linda.🙂


Retired another pair of shoes yesterday and wore a new pair today.


Quiet around town this morning.
Didn't see anyone else out.

Went passed the future garage and saw that the cinderblock
has been delivered.


This is the stream behind the ball park and you can see
there is hardly any water in it now.


Morning Walk Steps
13,249

☁️    🥾    ☁️

This morning I baked a cinnamon coffee cake and lemon poppyseed muffins.
They are for tomorrow when I go to blankets for babies.
Also bringing strawberries, blueberries, and grapes.

Today is David's birthday.
The four of us went out to eat in McHenry and spent a small fortune. 
Went mid afternoon and then afterward came back to the house
and had birthday cake.

That's it for today.
Happy Wednesday
happyone🙂
16,451
3,699,072

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I have a terrible getting fitted with comfortable shoes. My feet are a mess.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Happy birthday to David! Sounds like you had a nice birthday dinner and I bet the cake was the best part. Whenever I go on a serious hike, I still wear the same kind of shoes you sent me sent me several years ago. They are great and wearing well! They always make me think of my good friend in Accident, Maryland! See you again tomorrow!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to David. It's crazy how expensive it is to eat out anymore.
Cinnamon coffee cake sounds good.

Mari said...

I like the new shoes!
The stream is very pretty.
Going out to eat is really expensive nowdays. Glad you got to celebrate together.

Linda said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm still so impressed with the different photos you get when taking your walks. I think my expectations are too high since I never seem to see anything new or photo-worthy. Aren't new hiking boots so much fun?

Rose said...

Happy Birthday, David! My daughter's was yesterday and son-in-law is in a couple days! July is a good month....

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, the poor creek!

Granny Marigold said...

You wore out another pair of walking shoes! I wonder how many pairs have come and gone!!

eileeninmd said...

You do put a lot of miles on your walking shoes.
Happy Birthday to David, the dinner sounds nice.
Cinnamon coffee cake is one of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerri Farley said...

Happy Birthday to David!! Always fun to celebrate with family :)

Visits With Mary said...

It seems no matter where you go to eat it's a small fortune, but it's nice to go out to eat and enjoy the company of others. Happy Birthday to David, and send me some of that 65* weather. ☺

ellen b. said...

Eating out anywhere costs a small fortune these days. How nice to be able to celebrate together!

Bill said...

Nice new walking shoes, I need to get some too.

Aritha V. said...

Happy birthday David. New shoes, yes, we need them occasionally... No blisters yet?