Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Another Day Another Walk

It was 74 degrees this morning when I was walking with clouds and some sun.
Still have that wind so it kept things cooler than it would have been.
I drove to town and started walking at 6:10

I walked the loop around town twice again like I did yesterday.
It is nice to have different routes.
I NEVER get bored walking!

The corn is getting tall and now I can barely see the barn anymore.



This is the container garden in front of Kermit's house.
His wife Elaine is the one who planted all the flowers.


John was out walking Prim 
Rebecca walking without Leo today.
Sheila was running.
I usually see Carmen (new white house) sitting on her porch reading.
Today she was out walking!!

Morning Walk Steps
13,192

☁️    🌤

Ken had to go to the hardware store in Oakland and since we
were all ready in the area we went food shopping at Walmart again.
We take our cooler along with us for the frozen and cold things.
Our new freezer is no longer empty.

I baked one of those chocolate pudding cakes this afternoon
for David's birthday tomorrow.

Did a little more work on the cross stitch and 
read again on the porch.

We got a little rain supper time and a few claps of thunder.
The rain was nice and brought cool breezes but we could
 sure use more rain.

Happy Tuesday
Thanks for stopping by
happyone 🙂

Comment Replies:
Ginny - Yesterdays recipe was very dry and I won't be making it again so threw away the recipe.  Looked it up on line for you and the recipe is HERE.

Debby - The freezer must look bigger in the picture than it is because it isn't that big.  13 cubic feet, 5 feet high and 27 inches wide.
19,185
3,682,621  

14 comments:

Rose said...

I love all those flowers...they are gorgeous.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The flowers are pretty! So glad you had a nice walk and trip to Oakland. See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...fabulous sky in the first image.

Linda said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog photos. I hardly ever take important photos with my phone. I guess I'm old-school with wanting to use a regular SLR. Your images are gorgeous, so great job with the phone camera.

Granny Marigold said...

Those flowers in front of Kermit's house are so beautiful. Elaine must take excellent care of them. It's always more of a challenge when flowers are in containers, I think.

Mari said...

I love your barn and corn photo. The corn around here is really getting tall too. So far it's a good year for the corn.
Elaines flowers are so pretty!
Happy Birthday to David tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

That's a lot of beautiful flowers. I bet it was so much work! Thank you for the recipe. It looks so good, and I do have all the ingredients here already. So I printed it and will make it this week. Maybe I should add more liquid. I'll let you know what we thought after I make it!

Ann said...

Wow, that's a lot of flowers she has planted. They look so pretty. I can never remember to water things like that so it wouldn't look nearly as nice in my yard.

Prims By The Water said...

Well that did not take long filling up that freezer. At my old house I had a huge one in my garage and it was very handy when the kids were growing up. Now with the just the two of us really no need for us to have one other than the one on the side of of our refrigerator. It holds enough for us. My daughter just got her new one and is started to re=fill it. Hope you have a great day today. Pretty flowers too! Janice

eileeninmd said...

Great photos, I love the flowers! Happy Birthday to David. The cake sounds yummy! Take care, have a great day!

Inger said...

Such pretty flowers and what fun to watch the corn grow so tall.

Bill said...

The flowers are very colourful.

Michelle said...

Those flowers are beautiful :)

ellen b. said...

That flower container garden is something else! I'll move on to your next post to see how David enjoyed that cake!