Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Tuesday

 

Sunrise 5:49

Had to stop and let a couple of deer cross the road on my way to town.
Got there and started walking at 6:20.
It was a cloudy morning and 49 degrees.

Walked around both of the cemeteries first.


Then walked down the main road back toward home for a while and
then turned around and walked straight through town.

Noticed that the chicory is starting to bloom.


Wild daisies growing among the Crown Vetch along the side of the road.


Walked around the ball park loop and then back to the Jeep.

Woman and the dogs out again.
We talked but still don't know her name.
Sheila was out running.
Rebecca was out walking Leo.
The guy was out running his laps around the ball park.
One new man walking.

Morning Walk Steps
13,479

☁️    ☁️

After a breakfast of French toast I got right in on house cleaning.
Cleaned all morning and got almost everything done.

The sun came out late morning so we ended up with a nice sunny day.

After lunch we went to the library to drop off the recipe for
the Viking Cookies for Connie.
While we were there Ken picked out 2 DVD's.

Next we went to the Shop and Save to pick up just a few things.
They had some nice looking cherries so we brought a bag of them home.

When we got back home Ken and I sat out back and read.
Had to stay in the sun out back because it was a tad too chilly 
sitting on the front porch in the shade.

Supper was the left over meatloaf from yesterday.
We made cold meatloaf sandwiches and some tatter tots.
Followed by some strawberries and cherries.

That's all I have for today.
Happy Tuesday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone🙂 
18,925
2,882,050

16 comments:

Michelle said...

This sounds like a wonderful day to me.

Tom said...

...I love leftover meatloaf sandwiches!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a nice day.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

I like that wagon!
You got a lot done today, good for you.
Bob and I were sitting on the porch reading after supper, but we had to come in because it was chilly here too. Tomorrow it's supposed to get really warm.

Debby said...

I enjoy meatloaf sandwiches.
Does your town have a mayor or town council or some governing body?

Rose said...

In the summer, I love cold meatloaf sandwiches, with ketchup! That is the only sandwich I like ketchup on.

Have you watched The Boys in the Boat? It is based on the 1930's on an Olympic team. I bet you would like it.

Granny Marigold said...

I like that buckboard with the red Geraniums in it.
If I liked meat I would eat meatloaf sandwiches. They always smell so appetizing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Chicory and Daisies are lovely. Don't know if I have ever seen Crown Vetch. I am hoping to remember this shot so I will recognize it if I come across it.

ellen b. said...

I like leftover meatloaf or a meatloaf sandwich. That's a nice looking wagon in that first shot. You had quite a crowd out today!

Ann said...

French toast and meatloaf sandwiches. That's my kind of meals. Love that wagon in the first picture.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh I do like that cart.

God bless.

Faith said...

I love the pic of that old wagon and the farm scene!

I love cherries and we've had a good batch up here in the store too so i bought some. we're enjoying them with all 3 meals as well as for an afternoon reading snack. I love sitting in the sunshine.....we had a cloudy day most of yesterday but sun is in and out this morning and temps are supposed to start climbing again here. I'm just about ready for my own morning walk.

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE the wagon and flowers!! We've had some cool weather here too, but I think that may change this weekend - supposed to be getting into the 90s.

Happy@Home said...

You sure did have a productive morning.
The wagon with the geraniums in it is so pretty. I love that you share the sights along your walks with us. Interesting to see how things look in different areas. I was in Maryland for the first time last weekend. Although I know you are far from Baltimore, I thought of you while there.

Linda said...

Lovely images! That sounds like a nice day.

Bill said...

The wagon ooks great there, I like it.