Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Baking Cookies

 Sunrise 5:48
Rabbits and chipmunks running across the road on my way to town.
At least the chipmunks run straight across the road and don't turn around
and run back again.
The temperature was 58 degrees and it was sunny.


Pictures I took along my walk.







I walked around both the cemeteries first and then around the ball park.
Back to the pond and continued up and down the main street in town
and all the side streets.

Started out on the cool side but I soon took off my sweatshirt and left
it in the Jeep.

Once again the lady with the two dogs was out walking.
Sheila was out too as well as Joy.

Pretty quiet around town.
Morning Walk Steps
13,316

On the way home there was a delivery truck stopped in the middle of the
road a couple blocks from my house.
I waited a bit and then gave a little beep.
A man got out and walked back and asked for directions.
He told me his GPS told him the road should be right where he was.
I know just about all the streets in town from walking but never heard
of the one he mentioned and said sorry I couldn't help him.

When I got home I looked up the street on the computer and couldn't find it. 

☀️    ☀️

Bible Time is coming around again in July and I got 9 1/2
dozen chocolate chippers made this morning.
We all make 20 dozen cookies so I'm just about half way there.

While doing that I also got a couple loads of laundry washed and hung outside
Wiped down all the kitchen cabinets, and 
did some dusting.

A beautiful day and we ended up on the front porch reading.

We grilled hot dogs out back and I made a cucumber salad for supper.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂 

Comment Replies:
Debby - Yes we have a town mayor and there is a town meeting at the municipal building once a month.

Rose - I haven't seen The Boys in the Boat but I did read it a couple of years ago with my book club and thought it was excellent.  All of us liked it.
19,961
2,902,011

16 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure are the cookie lady!

Sandi said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

Rose said...

You sure got an excellent set of photos today! I really liked them all. I looked up the book and thought about seeing if the library had it...

Ginny Hartzler said...

all of your photos are so pretty. I tried to pick a favorite, and just could not. Yes, at least the chipmunks run in one straight line! Not like the crazy squirrels!

Mari said...

All your photos today are so pretty! You did have a beautiful day.
Crazy about that street. I wonder if it's in a whole other town.
Good for you for baking cookies for Bible Time.

doodles n daydreams said...

Lovely photos of your town starting to green up. I loved the lime green of the new leaves in the treetop. Have a lovely day. And I'm sorry, I can't help you with a recipe for cheese rolls, I'd have to look one up as well :(

Ann said...

Love all the photos from your walk. It looks so peaceful there. Wonder if that guy ever figured out where he was going.

Prims By The Water said...

I had a squirrel change its mind on me yesterday morning. Slammed on my brakes to avoid hitting him and a good thing no one was behind me, else he would have died. Hope that driver figured out where he had to go. Cookies sound yummy. Maybe I should make some. We had a salad with grilled chicken last night for dinner. Janice

Bill said...

Beautiful shots, the second one is my favourite.

ellen b. said...

Do you have an extra freezer to put all those cookies in? Great photos from your walk.

Visits With Mary said...

Pretty pics today♥ AND WoW, that's a lot of cookies AND I wish our temps were that low :)

Happy@Home said...

Lovely photos from your walk.
Cookie Lady is at it again. Lucky kids.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful landscape photos! Take care, enjoy your day!

Billie Jo said...

I just love hearing about your days, my friend. And your pictures are as beautiful as ever!

Pom Pom said...

I think I should bake cookies now! That's weird about the man looking for a nonexistent road. Hmmmmmm. Be careful, Karen.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs, the third one is my favourite.

All the best Jan