Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Outside Meeting

 

Sunrise 5:48
Got up a little bit earlier this morning and was at town and walking at 6:05.
It was a sunny morning, with a little breeze and 55 degrees.

June is the anniversary month that I started taking a morning walk.
Those years have added up and this year is 36 years.
Started when I was 37 and now I'm 73.
The numbers got reversed. 🙂

Started walking down the main road toward home, turned around
and came back to town.
Stopped at the Jeep to take my sweatshirt off and then 
continued through town and over to the industrial park.


Next walked up and down the road behind the DC Market.


Back through town again and to the Jeep.
Walked down to the pond to see if I could get a better picture
of the geese family.
I think this is the best one so far.
They were on the bank and as I got closer they all went in the water.


A man who I'v seen a couple of times was out walking his very loud barking dog.
I don't think the dog liked me and I had to step down off the sidewalk.

I saw a few others walking off in the distance but too far away to say hi.

Saw a runner who I haven't see before and then passed her again
when she was walking.
She was in town visiting her parents.
Later I thought I should have asked who her parents were, 
I might have known them.

Three garage sales were getting set up this morning.
Funny thing, around here people don't usually have the sales on Saturday
but on Thursday and Friday.

Morning Walk Steps
13,197

☀️    ☀️

I made pancakes for breakfast.
Ken didn't want any but I made them for myself anyway.
I put strawberries in the batter and then piled more strawberries
on top of my pancake.
Then topped it off with a little syrup and a dab of whipped cream.
That is my favorite breakfast of all.

Book club meeting day.
Since it was nice and sunny we decided to meet outside at
West Park which is just a few blocks from the library.
There were 9 of us there.
Mixed reviews on the book, The Bookshop of Yesterday's.
Some liked it, some didn't.
I was one who thought it was okay but wouldn't recommend it.
Some comments.
Didn't like the main character
Predicable 
Slow moving
Contrived
Loved it
Well written

Another beautiful sunny day and great for front porch sitting.

Roasted veggies, and hot Italian sausage for supper.

Happy Thursday 
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂
Comment Replies:
Ellen - Yes, we have a freezer out in the garage.  Comes in VERY handy.
17,584
2,919,595

12 comments:

Tom said...

...happy walking to you. Summer has arrived, we got into the high 80s today.

Bill said...

Enjoy the beautiful day. Pancakes and strawberries sounds great, a good walker's breakfast. :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

That is unusual about the yard sales. Around here, they are always on Saturday morning. My favorite pic today is the sunrise with the barn in the background.

Mari said...

That first photo is so pretty!
Good for you for all those years of walking.
You're right - that is a really nice picture of the geese.
Garage sales around here are often thurs - Sat.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done for all those years of walking.
That is a lovely picture of the geese family.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I did some sitting out today, too....and Copper did sunbathing. It was a great day for it here!

Katerinas Blog said...

The morning walk is the best! Green dominates everywhere, the duck family brings life to the post! Strawberry Pancakes are a very nice breakfast! Have a nice day!!

Ann said...

Wow, 37 years of walking every morning. Good for you. You're an inspiration.
Your breakfast sounds delicious with all those strawberries.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, the first one is my favorite.
You are a dedicated walker!
Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

Sandi said...

Beautiful sunrise!

ellen b. said...

Those walking anniversary numbers are fun. I figured you needed an extra freezer with all the cookies you bake for the kids! Oh and your ice cream, too. :) Hope your next book is better!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't remember when I started walking but it's a number of years ago. Maybe not 36 though. Good for you💗
Your breakfast sounds like something I'll make for supper when that's what I'm wanting. DH usually goes along with my choice and adds some meat (because he's definitely a carnivore).