Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 14, 2024

Flag Day

 June 14, Flag Day


๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ    ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Sunrise 5:48
Today on the way to town it was rabbits and groundhogs running
across the road.
A couple of deer were up in the field.
A mix of sun and clouds and 58 degrees.
In town and walking at 6:20
Morning Walk Steps
13,278

First walked around both of the cemeteries.
Then through town and over to the DG Market.
From there walked up around behind our old house.


Next went over to the ball park and around there a couple of times
and then back to the Jeep.

This looks like a fun toy peddle buggy and horse.
I would have loved it when I was a kid!


Wild flowers growing down at the ball park stream.
Don't know what they are though.


Didn't see anyone out today.
Guess everyone is taking Friday off.
Funny how people walk in spurts.
I see them often, then they disappear for a while and then back again.
Some people I see a couple of times and never see them again.

The dark gray and black house finally has the siding done.
I like the dark gray but not the black trim and doors.
Would look better with white and red trim, I think.
It looks too industrial, especially with too few windows.
But I'm sure someone will be happy there.๐Ÿ™‚


๐ŸŒค    ๐ŸŒค

Finished up a couple of house chores.

Started a counted cross stitch project and time slips away from me
doing that.

We made a trip back to town to drop off a couple of DVD's
and pick up a couple of books that Ken had on hold at the library.
He also picked out a couple more DVD's to watch.
I was just going to look at books but as predicted I found a couple
more to check out.
Now I have 5 books lined up to read.
I will finish one of them later though.
We met the new librarian.
Her name is Maya and she seems very nice and very young.

Pretty day all day till late this afternoon, then it was cloudy
and a thunder storm passed through.

Pizza Day and you know I enjoy that. ๐Ÿ•
We don't usually get Friendly's ice cream but it was on sale so
we got some to try tonight.
I will be trying chocolate chip.
I like the brands that have lots of tiny chips and crushed chocolate
instead of bigger pieces that are far and few between.
My hopes are high!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.
Happy Friday
Happy Flag Day
happyone๐Ÿ™‚
17,399
2,936,994

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I would have enjoyed the toy peddle buggy and horse as a kid too.

Granny Marigold said...

I see what you mean about that house looking too industrial. It needs more windows....BIG ones to let in lots of light.
DH brought home Rocky Road ice cream which I don't think I'm going to like if it has nuts in it. We'll see.

Rose said...

There have been two or three homes built with black siding...back home..I just would not want that at all...and I think how hot that would be in summer.

Jeanette said...

That toy buggy is super cute!

Mari said...

The little horse and buggy is so cute!
A house was built in our town recently that did that black color scheme too. I wouldn't want it so dark.

Debby said...

Those dark colors are popular - there’s a few in my neighborhood with those colors and it look nicer with trees and flowers. For some reason, green shrubs and trees stand out against a black fence (another popular trend here) and houses. The house needs more windows and something is missing. I can’t put my finger on it. Oh well.
That little horse and buggy I would love to have! Very nice.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Chocolate chip ice cream sounds like a yummy treat. I'm with you - I think that dark gray house would look better with a white trim. I like the little riding toy - that's a cool antique. I hope you have a good weekend!

Ginny Hartzler said...

That house is not pretty to me. Not near enough windows! It must be so dark inside!! Seems like only a hoarder would buy it. I don't know what the flowers are either. LOVE this big beautiful tree, and love mint chip ice-cream! My favorite are the Yasso mint chip frozen yogurt bars. I eat one every day, and only 100 calories.

Barwitzki said...

Nice walk :-)))
Have fun with your cross stitch project and good progress.
I bought pistachio ice cream yesterday... haven't tried it yet...
Have a nice weekend. viola

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It does look industrial.

God bless.

Ann said...

Love that riding toy.
I wouldn't mind that dark siding but you're right it would look better with different color trim. It's just too dark with it all in black.
Pizza sure sounds good, and icecream does too.

Bill said...

Not many windows in that house, I would want more.

Lisa said...

You are right. That house does look industrial. It almost looks like its made with containers. Maybe with some pretty porch furniture and landscape it will come to life.

Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I agree, the house does have an industrial look. Too dark!
Pizza and ice cream, yum!
Have a happy weekend.

ellen b. said...

That peddle toy is so cute. Hope that brand of ice cream satisfies! Great photos! Saturday already and you are home from walking already! Have a great day.

Aritha V. said...

Nice little horse and buggy. It is so cute.

Katerinas Blog said...

The little horse looks old and is great.
How good that you took so many steps in the morning!!

Prims By The Water said...

I think gophers are cute Happy belated flag day. Long may she wave. Janice