Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 17, 2024

Monday Pink Peep


 63 degrees when I went walking in town this morning
with a mix of sun and clouds.
The warmest morning so far.
By the time my walk was over it was 73.

Saw a few deer on my way to town, a couple of rabbits, and a black cat.

Pretty quiet around town and didn't see anyone else out.

Walked around both cemeteries first thing.
There were a few rabbits hopping around at the cemetery and one
stayed still long enough for me to get close enough to take a picture.


Stopped to watch the geese family over at the pond.
Babies are getting big.


Next headed on over to the ball park and walked around that loop.

Never know what will pass by me when walking.


Then up and down the main street and some of the side streets.
Went back to the ball park and walked around there again
because it was shady.

Morning Walk Steps
13,299

🌤    🌤

Washed the sheets and got them hung out on the line.
Then we were off to Lowe's and Walmart.

Worked on my counted cross stitch a while.
Still not enough to take a picture of it.
My eyes are not like the once were and it is a bit of a challenge.

I'm reading a Miss Read book, Farther Afield,
And will probably finish it later.
I enjoy all her books.
The one word that comes to mind is
Delightful.

Miss Pink Peep as been on the move again this week.
She decided to visit with Ragged Ann and Andy.
They are not in the best of shape are they.
They got played with a lot when my kids were little.
Looks like David played with his more than Debbi did.


Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Confucius
19,797
2,992,425

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Raggedy dolls are so sweet, and might be worth quite a bit of money by now. Glad they are protecting Pink Peep. Your sun rays are glorious!

Mari said...

The Raggedy dolls are well loved! They are cute and I think Peep is happy with them.
Great quote!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love those cute Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. So fun, and they probably bring good memories. Glad you had another busy and nice day. I have some of those Miss Read books. I need to give one a try! I always love a delightful book. See you tomorrow!

Tom said...

,,,Karen, see the beauty!

The Furry Gnome said...

It's a little warmer here!

Rose said...

That first sky shot is just glorious. I have been thinking before long it is probably going to be very warm when you walk. My eyes sure are not what they once were either. Years ago...as in probably at least 20 yrs or more, a show called Simply Quilts on HGTV gad someone talking about how much more lighting we need as we get older...I didn't ever think I would need THAT much, but I do.

Debby said...

Yep looks like David loved his Andy half to death. Funny

Lowcarb team member said...

Pink Peep snuggles in well between Ragged Ann and Andy.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

I always enjoyed reading the Miss Read books. We noticed yesterday on the way to church and back that was a lot more activity in the animal kingdom than normal...several deer, rabbits, chipmunks and squirrels.

I think it's so special that you still have the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that were your children's when they were little. Pink Peep looks as though she's enjoying herself!

Granny Marigold said...

Farther afield...that's the one where Miss Read goes to Crete with Amy. Another enjoyable tale.
It kind of looks like David gave Andy a haircut. *smile*

Ann said...

I remember having a raggedy ann doll when I was little. Nice of pink peep to visit them.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the first sky photo! The Raggedy Ann dolls and Peep photo is cute. Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great wildlife pictures.

God bless always.

bunw1125@gmail.com said...

I loved Farther Afield!
Barb

Bill said...

A beautiful sky to start your day.

Prims By The Water said...

Always enjoy seeing your pink peep. I wish it were 63 degrees here. High today in the mid 90's and if felt like in the 100's. Janice

Katerinas Blog said...

Loved the sky photo,
we all share the same sky! In general,
the images from the area are beautiful!
The dolls are adorable!!
Thanks so much for the morning ride!

ellen b. said...

That looks like a comfortable spot pink peep found.