Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Rolled Bales


A warm 67 degrees and sunny when I got to town this morning.
A sunny morning and calm.
Saw 5 deer and 4 rabbits on my way to town.

Walked around both of the cemeteries first.
These rolled hay bales are down by the Drane house and the bull barn.

The hay looks big in a field but right up next to them they are huge.


 Can you spot the cat on top of one of the bales?


I know I'm taking a lot of pictures of the geese family but here's another one.
Looks like there are 6 babies after all.


Made a stop at the library and put a DVD down the drop.
Then walked over to the ball park and walked around there a few times.
Continued up and down the main road and a few side streets.

Joy was out walking and so was Rebecca.

The dark house has a for sale sign out in front of it.
Will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell.

Found 2 pennies.
Morning Walk Steps
12,586


☀️    ☀️

Got home, put the Jeep in the garage and then walked town
the driveway to get the mail from yesterday.
While down there took a picture of some our neighbor cows.
Right over the hill is Farmer Marvin's farm.


Got some more laundry washed and hung out.
For just two of us we sure dirty a lot of clothes!!

Did just the basic house stuff and then worked on my counted
cross stitch project.

We went to town to the DG Market and I bought a few cards.

When we got back home I finished reading my book.

Supper tonight was Ziti with sauce and garlic bread.

That's all for today.
Happy Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂
17,846
3,010,271

18 comments:

Tom said...

...it is hot and dry this week and framers are haying!
Weare enjoying leftovers!

Granny Marigold said...

I like the looks of an open field and a herd of cows. And huge bales of hay
( I did spot the cat).

Visits With Mary said...

I had to zoom in but I did see the cat!! Lovely walk for you this morning, I always love the temps there. It's hot here and we have a storm brewing in the gulf, so it will be a lot of rain the next few days.

Debby said...

I guess they purchase the hay all rolled up that way. I don't see that many rolled hay bales - only the other way. I have seen it once or twice but for some reason, the farmers around here don't do the rolled ones.

I wonder why?

The photos are so pretty. Do you have a link for the house for sale?

Linda said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my bog posts. After all the years when I didn't have any comments, it's so refreshing.

I'm soooo impressed with how much you walk. I get over 10,000 steps usually only once a week. I'm getting lazy in my older age.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I DO see the cat! What a cool find!!

Mari said...

It was a pretty walk today! I love seeing hay bales. I see the cat, but wouldn't have if you hadn't mentioned it. I love the cows.

Ann said...

Yep, spotted the cat right off. I always like seeing those hay bales sitting out in a field.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos, I've been seeing the bales of hay here too.
I found the kitty and I like the cows and the pretty daylilies!
Take care, have a great day!

Bill said...

The bales of hay are huge when you get up close to them. Great photos, the cows are nice to see.

Rose said...

I did spot the kitty! I love the photo of your neighbor's cows. I miss hanging out laundry.

Billie Jo said...

That kitty is living her best life! I love ziti! And I just realized you do your posts at night! What a good idea!!!

ellen b. said...

I did spot the cat on the bale of hay! Lots of great photos today.

Dianna said...

I spotted the cat on top of the bale... after I enlarged the picture. 😉. The lilies are such a pretty color. I know what you mean about so much laundry for just two people. It's the same thing here. Supper sounds yummy.

Prims By The Water said...

Dinner sounds good again. We had grilled hamburgers and salad. On my grandparents farms I actually baled hay, but in regular bales not rolled like the majority of farms do now. It was hard work. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

Great photographs.
I always enjoy seeing the rolled hay bales, they are so big aren't they.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The heat has been oppressive here.

The Furry Gnome said...

Lots of round bales around here.