Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Measuring cups

Today the sunrise starts getting later.
Sunrise yesterday 5:48
Today 5:49

Got to town at 6:20 and started my walk.
Temperature was 55 with a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked around both of the cemeteries and the ball park first.
Then up and down the main road and all the side streets.

Pictures along my way.





A man was planting shrubs and mulching all around the dark house.

A little boy made me smile.
I saw him come out his back door and get in a little motorized car.
He drove it over to the swing set out back.

Morning Walk Steps
13,526

🌤    🌤

Stitching morning at the library and there were only 3 of us there this time.
Mikey was knitting a blanket,
Lena was crocheting a scarf,
and I was knitting a scarf.
Mikey gave me another blanket pattern to knit. 🙂

 After stitching I left the Jeep in the library parking lot and walked
over to the little antique shop in town that Lynn owns.
I like to buy a little something every time I go there.
This time I got a set of measuring cups to add to my collection.
They look like tin but are ceramic.


Another nice sunny and cool day.

Friendly's ice cream was a hit with me yesterday.
Though the chocolate pieces were big there were lots of them.
I'll be having more later.

Happy Saturday.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone🙂
17,604
2,954,598

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that he plants some bright colors plants in front of the black house.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The ice-cream sounds great! Those measuring cups do look like old fashioned tin ones. The photos of your walk are gorgeous, it is misty and the sun is just right.

Rose said...

Yum ! Ice cream always sounds good to me. I need to see your pics on the computer.. I know i will love them.

Bill said...

Nice photos, my favourite is the first one. Cool measuring cups, I like them.

Ivy Green said...

Love your new measuring cups!

Debby said...

Oh those measuring cups are nice. I forget - how do you display your collection of measuring cups?

Rose said...

I came back to see the pics...I knew I would love them all the more on here...specially that first one.

Mari said...

What a beautiful morning!
I really like your measuring cups - good find!

Ann said...

Looks like a beautiful morning. I like those measuring cups. They do look like tin.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos. I like your new measuring cups, they do like like tin.
The ice cream sounds yummy! Have a great day and happy week ahead.

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Prims By The Water said...

I sold these exact measuring cups in our gift shop. They were a hit. Janice

ellen b. said...

Nice to support local small businesses! Cute set. Glad your ice cream was a hit!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of those measuring cups.

All the best Jan

Jeanette said...

Love those measuring cups!

Visits With Mary said...

Love the measuring cups and I love ice cream♥