Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Another walk

 This morning when I got to town it was 68 degrees.
A mix of sun and clouds and breezy.

Today I walked up to the school.
If I walk the Farm Loop I make a right turn just past the school 
but this time I continued up past the school.

The trails that the sign points out here are the ones that are up
behind our property.


Turning here will take you there.
It turns into a dirt road which is what is up behind Happy Trails.
I didn't go up this road but kept on walking straight.


Walked up a long hill but it was gradual so wasn't tiring.

I guess these people don't want you sitting on their wall!! 


It was nice walking someplace different.
When I got up to this point I turned around and headed back down the hill.


Walked down this driveway a little ways


so I could get to an open place to take this picture.
The farm you see a little to the right of the middle in the picture
 is the dairy farm along the Farm Loop route.
If you look very closely to the right in the picture
you can see the church steeple which is by the town pond where I park.
You will have to enlarge the picture.


Once I got back to the school I stopped in to see the sheep.
They were outside at first but when I got there they went inside.


From the school I walked down the hill to town and
back to the pond.

Didn't see anyone when I walked up the hill and only 1 car passed
me the whole time.

Back in town I saw Sheila running
and John walking Prim.

Morning Walk Steps
12,751

☁️    🌤

I went back to town after breakfast to the library to meet my stitching friends.
Today there were 5 of us there.
Since I missed last week and was nice to be back again.

Didn't get much done this afternoon but still it was a most
enjoyable day.

We had a thunder storm pass by us.
We sat on the porch till the rain chased us inside.

Happy Saturday and once again thank's for taking the time to drop in.
happyone🙂
16,147
3,209,222

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It was fun to see a new part of your area in the pictures from today's walk. I am wondering if your property is part of an old plantation since the sign says "Margraff Plantation Trails." So glad you had an enjoyable day. We aren't doing much here today either. See you again soon!

Debby said...

The panoramic view of the entire area, with the church steeple rising in the distance, resembles a scene straight out of a Grandma Moses painting.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm still amazed at the distance you cover. And going by a different route would be fun and keep it from getting boring.

Mari said...

That's a great shot looking over the fields and seeing the steeple. It shows how far you walk!
Looks like a nice place to walk.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the panoramic view you've included here.

Happy weekend wishes.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

..tat picture seems to have a church steeple on the right and left!

Rose said...

I love that one pic...I opened it and opened it wide on my computer and it is just such a lovely scene. Sounds like you had a good day!

Granny Marigold said...

Do many people hike to those Plantation Trails? They sound interesting.

Ann said...

When I was walking every day, I would vary my route. It helps to keep it from getting boring. With the views you have on your walks though, it would be hard to find it boring.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful views and photos.
The sheep is cute.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Bill said...

The panoramic view is amazing, such beauty surrounds you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those sheep look young.

God bless.