Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 28, 2024

Another good Fingerprint work day

 When I walked in town this morning it was 55 degrees 
with sun and clouds.
I first walked back down the road toward home a ways and
then turned around and walked back to town.


Continued through town to the DG Market where I turned around
and walked to and around the ball park.

Then it was over to the cemeteries and walked around both of them.



Today Bill and Greg were at the playground at the ball park
repairing a few things.
We talked a little of when we were kids and playgrounds were so different.
I remember metal slides and we would run home and get waxed
paper from our mom's to make the slides super slippery.

Later I ran into Bill and Greg again.
This time they were by the Drane house mowing the lawn
and weed wacking.


Morning Walk Steps
13,208

Found a penny with a bite out of it.
This penny has seen better days.


๐ŸŒค    ๐ŸŒค

A quick breakfast of cereal (Raisin Bran) for me today and
soon after we were on the way to church for another Fingerprint day.
Another good turn out and we got 9,709 books put together, stapled, cut,
and boxed up during the two days.
We worked from 9:00 to 12:15.

Since we were up that way, we made a stop at Lowes before coming home.

Beautiful weather today.
Sunny, breezy and in the mid 70's.
Perfect summer weather for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Puttering about around home this afternoon.
Some time was spent sitting out on the front porch too.

It's been another good day and for that I am thankful.
Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone๐Ÿ™‚
21,103
3,193,075

13 comments:

Tom said...

...someone was a pennypincher!

Michelle said...

I remember those slides. They were hot in the summer!

Sandi said...

What on Earth could break a penny??

Debby said...

I remember the wax paper. When my boys were little we did the same thing with the slides and the wax paper. When I started my daycare business I had to get rid of the metal slide. I didn’t want the liability.
I remember putting a penny on a railroad track - I wonder if that is what happened? We’ll never know!

Mari said...

What a nice and productive day!
I wonder what happened to that penny!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the skies in your second and third photographs.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your cloud shots are stunning!! And the pink Hydrangeas are beautiful. I remember the metal slides, they got so hot when the sun was out!

ellen b. said...

That penny has seen better days for sure. Glad you made good progress with the
books today! Hooray for your beautiful weather!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had another nice day making the little Fingerprint books. Your hydrangea bush is beautiful. Hydrangea are some of my very favorite summer flowers. Enjoy your weekend. See you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful sky/cloud pictures!!

Ann said...

That penny sure has been through the wringer.
That hydrangea is beautiful. Everyone's seem to be doing so good this year. My daughter sent me a picture of hers and it's loaded with blooms also.

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely sunrise! and your temps sound awesome. We've been a bit humid here and hope to get some rain soon - we need it!

Bill said...

I've never seen a penny like that before, very interesting.