Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2024

The Mural

Was in town and walking at 6:20 this morning.
It was sunny, 60 degrees, and sunrise was at 5:54.

Within a block of my house on the way to town I counted 9 deer
and there were probably more that I didn't see.
They were coming and going every which way.
Had to drive very slowly to avoid them all.

I walked up to the school first thing because yesterday from 
the cemetery I thought I saw a mural painted on the building
where the sheep are kept and wanted to go check it out.
Sure enough there was a mural.
I'm assuming the kids painted it.
The flowers along the bottom are the kids handprints.



Walked along the path behind the school.


Then continued walking back to town.
Another view of the Drane house.


Once I was back in town, walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.

A woman was out walking her two dogs who I didn't know.

Nothing much going on around town early this Saturday morning.

Morning Walk Steps
12,924

🌤    🌤

Saturday morning is stitching day at the library.
There were 9 of this there today - the most ever.
A couple people wanted to learn how to make weave-it squares.
They came with their looms and I showed them how.

Left the library and went to deliver the cookies to Carol who
will bring them to church this evening for the kids.
She laughed and said,
You know we will be tasting these before tonight.

After lunch I made the Lemon Squares.
I've sure done my share of baking this week.
I enjoy baking and would rather bake then cook meals.

Later yet I sat out on the porch and finished knitting the
yellow scrubby dishcloth.

That's all Folks.
Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone😀

Comment Replies:
Ginny - The plant you asked about is Codiaeum Variegatum. That is what it said on the pot.  Don't know what the common name for it is.  I just bought it because I liked the different color leaves.  It really likes to be outside in hot humid weather so don't know how well it will do in the house.
17,507
2,567,140

17 comments:

Tom said...

...the mural is perfect for your rural community.

Rose said...

I totally love that mural. It sounds like the stitching group is fun.

Mari said...

You had another productive day!
I love that mural and using the kids handprints for flowers is brilliant.
I really like that view of the Drane House.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely mural.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

I like your new header! And the mural is so nice. I love that the flowers are the children's handprints. Clever!

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

The mural is adorable.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You are so kind to bake so many cookies. I love the mural. It's a great addition to your town! Have a good Sunday.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the plant info! The mural looks like a professional painted it to look like kids did! It is very good! Cheerful and lovely.

Ann said...

That mural is fantastic. Glad you walked over that way to have a look. I'm sitting here looking at it thinking I should try and draw that...lol

doodles n daydreams said...

That's a wonderful mural, regardless of who painted it. And the handprint flowers are a great idea.

eileeninmd said...

The mural is wonderful, the handprints are cute.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

Jeanette said...

That mural is super cute!

Happy@Home said...

Before I forget, I love your new header. May I ask how you made the collage? Since they have changed so much since the Picasa days, I can no longer figure out the things I used to do like create collages and headers.
So glad you went to check out the mural. It's too good to miss. So happy looking.

Granny Marigold said...

Oh yes...I would rather bake than make meals too!!

That mural sure is nice, almost too nice for children to have done. Maybe very talented children.
I'm glad you drive carefully and don't hit any deer 💗.

Billie Jo said...

I love the mural!!! Wish I were your neighbor! I would sample your treats!

ellen b. said...

Love the elementary school mural. So cute! Baking is fun. I hope your internet issues resolve soon!

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE that mural!! I have a round loom. I wonder if I could make a trivet or something (possibly a round potholder) with my round loom. I need to look into that. I have recently retired and have a lot of "to do's" on my list already but may add that to it.