Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 24, 2024

Mike the bus driver

A light drizzle was falling when I arrived in town at 6:25.
The temperature was 61 degrees.
Sunrise 5:55

Walked up and down the main road in town and the side streets.
Then around the ball park loop a couple of times.
Back to the pond and around both of the cemeteries.

The rain didn't last long and then it was just cloudy.


I heard some thunder rumble and I usually I don't walk then.
BUT I could tell it was far to the south and didn't see any lightning
and the rain had stopped and it was calm so kept on walking.

 Didn't see anyone else out walking around town.

I've talked about school bus driver number 46 and how we've
been waving to each other for years.
Today he was driving bus number 70.
As my walk ended and I was back at the Jeep
bus number 70 pulled in and parked by the church.
I walked over to him and said, I thought I'd come and say hi in person
and we had a little chat.
Nice to talk to him after all these years.
His name is Mike and he was driving bus number 70 because he was taking 
a group of kids on a trip and needed a bus with a wheel chair lift.

I found another quarter and my 
Morning Walk Steps were
13,879

🌧    ☁️

Today I made Lemon Fudge for a friend who has a birthday coming up.
She has lost her sense of taste for a lot of foods but can taste lemon.
Also going to make her some Lemon Bars.

Got tired of looking at the things I had in the window box over the sink
so changed that around today.
I originally wanted it for plants but have had everything BUT plants there.
Now it finally has plants. 


It was a good afternoon for front porch sitting.
Sat there and read awhile, knitted, and then just sat and listened
to and watched the birds.

Happy Friday and thanks so much for popping in.
happyone🙂
18,889
2,549,633

16 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like it was good to meet an old friend after all these years. 🙂

Lowcarb team member said...

... and your plants do look good there.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I wish that I had that wide shelf by the sink for plants!

Melanie said...

The plants look perfect there! Lots of sun.
I love lemon anything. I've copied your lemon bar recipe. It sounds so good! I wonder how it would work without the sugar but instead an equivalent amount o monk fruit? I have to carefully watch how much sugar I eat.
That was great that you got to talk with Mike in person.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a really nice large shelf you have over the sink. These would be so nice to look at while doing kitchen chores. What is the plant toward the back that has red veins?

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

Your window looks like a garden window. I have to have a window above the sink. It’s one of my must haves! I have a garden window and no real plants due to Susie. I usually put my tomatoes and veggies there in a bowl. She doesn’t touch them!
Finally bus driver Mike and you meet! That’s fun.

Dianna said...

Glad you were able to "meet" Mike the bus driver and chat a bit after all these years of waving. That's neat.

Thank you for the link for the Lemon Fudge. Carroll LOVES lemon...so I will definitely be giving the recipe a try.

The plants look so pretty in the window box above the kitchen sink.

Rose said...

That was nice to finally meet the bus driver. The window box ought to be a nice place for your plants.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I love the plants in the window box. I had a window box in our very first house and I have always wanted another one! I hope you have a good weekend!

Ann said...

How nice that you finally officially met Mike. Glad you were able to have a chat with him.
I have a friend at work who has been sick and one of the problems was that she has lost her sense of taste. Apparently it was a side effect of one of the medications she was taking. I wonder if she would be able to taste the lemon. Then again she's also diabetic so fudge might not be the best choice for her.

Mari said...

Nice you met Mike in person. Your waves will have more meaning having actually talked to each other.
Your window box looks really nice!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great headline photos, Happyone.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

How nice to finally meet Mike! That is a kind birthday treat for your friend who is having taste issues. Hope you have a good Saturday,

Happy@Home said...

How nice that you finally met bus driver Mike.
You are such a good friend to bake two lemon treats for your friend.
That's funny how you have had everything but plants in your window until now. I totally understand as I am constantly moving things around here. Keeps daily life interesting.

Granny Marigold said...

We're big fans of lemon everything around here!!

I've been meaning to tell you how I like the new header.

Jeanette said...

That window box looks like the perfect spot for plants!