Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday

A sunset picture taken last week from my front porch.


This photo taken this morning on my walk.


⛪️    ⛪️

A hymn we sang at church this morning.

๐ŸŽถ My Sins Are Gone ๐ŸŽถ
- N.B. Vandall -

1. You ask me why I'm happy so I'll just tell you why,
Because my sins are gone;
And when I meet the scoffers who ask me where they are,
I say, "My sins are gone."

CHORUS:

They're underneath the blood on the cross of Calvary,
As far removed as darkness is from dawn;
In the sea of God's forgetfulness, that's good enough for me,
Praise God, my sins are gone!

2. 'Twas at the old-time altar where God came in my heart,
And now my sins are gone;
The Lord took full possession, the devil did depart,
I'm glad my sins are gone!


3. When Satan comes to tempt me and tries to make me doubt,
I say, "My sins are gone,
You got me into trouble but Jesus got me out."
I'm glad my sins are gone!

4. I'm living now for Jesus, I'm happy night and day,
Because my sins are gone;
My soul is filled with music, with all my heart I say,
"I know my sins are gone!"

๐Ÿ“– Isaiah 1:18 ๐Ÿ“–

 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: 
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; 
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

A Blessed Sunday to all.
happyone๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
Ginny - Keeping the tape measure I found yesterday.  It was on the side of the main road and there was no way for me to know whose it is.  LOTS of work trucks from 3 different states come through town.

Debi - The 'two great tall things' that you asked about are giant shrubs at the entrance to the cemetery on top of the hill.  
16,616
2,443,324

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sunset is gorgeous! And the next photo is so unusual, like artwork.

Mari said...

That is a beautiful sunset!
I don't think I've ever heard that song. Great words!
Somehow I missed yesterdays post. Congrats to your grandson!

Tom said...

...you could rent out chairs on your front porch for sunset.

Jeanette said...

That is a gorgeous sunrise picture!

ellen b. said...

Love the words in the hymn you sang this morning!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful sunset.

All the best Jan

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

Spectacular sunset!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Beautiful sunset! That hymn has a wonderful message of redemption and salvation! Have a great week!

Ann said...

Such a pretty sunset that is. That cloud formation is really interesting. I thought it looked like the clouds rolled down to reveal a window to heaven.

Kerri Farley said...

What a lovely song! and your pics are gorgeous!!

Dianna said...

Karen, I'm so glad that you are back to blogging. Apparently, about the time you started blogging again is when I had to take a break. :) Looking forward to reconnecting !

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.