Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Pink Peep


 At town and walking at 6:20.
This time I think I killed a squirrel on my drive to town.
Thought I had managed to miss it but then felt my back tire hit it.
On the way home it was gone.
I'm hoping it was just stunned and not carried away by a hawk and eaten.
Sunrise was 5:57
Temperature was 55 degrees and sunny.
Morning Walk Steps
13,700

I walked straight through town to the DG Market.
Walked up and down the road behind the store 
and then all around the industrial park.

Continued to our old house and walked the road behind there.



Then it was over to the ball park and walked around there and 
back to the Jeep.

John was out walking Prim.

The wild daisies are now blooming along the roadside.


☀️    ☀️

Sunday evening at church Carol, one of the woman asked if I would
bake cookies for the kids who are having an event at church on Saturday.
Of course I said yes because I'm the 'Cookie Lady'. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿช
This morning I made a batch of Snickerdoodles.
I'll be making two other kinds of cookies in the next two days.

A couple house chores got done and then I sat out on the
front porch and read.

I put a dozen of the Snickedoodles aside for Liz 
because they are one of her favorite cookies.
Her and David stopped by after work to pick them up.
I got a big hug and a thank you.

It was Monday yesterday and I forgot to post a picture of the
Pink Peep, so here it is a day late.


That's all I have for today.
Have a happy day and thanks so much for visiting.
happyone๐Ÿ™‚
18,367
2,495,061

16 comments:

Tom said...

...everyone loves the "cookie lady!"

Dianna said...

All of your flower pictures are so pretty, Karen. Are any of them near your old house?

You are the cookie lady at your church and Carroll is the candy man at our church. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ginny Hartzler said...

For a critter with no feet, this Peep sure gets around!! He is The Peep On The Shelf instead of The Elf On The Shelf. What are all these plants in the second photo? Love the rooster planter. Now I want cookies. I think I'll make snickerdoodle pancakes tomorrow morning.

ellen b. said...

I agree with Tom about the cookie lady. Glad you could treat Liz with her favorites! Sounds like a nice day in your neighborhood!

Mari said...

Isn't it so beautiful this time of year? I love seeing God's artwork displayed in the flowers.
The Cookie Lady is a good thing to be known as. Think how many people you are spreading joy to! In our church we have a man who is 92. He's known as the Smarty man because he brings Smarties to church for the kids.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs from your walk.
Seeing Pink Peep always makes me smile :)

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I just love daisies now...I didn't hate them when I was younger but did not enjoy their beauty as I should have. And I see a cute chicken planter!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I think it is so great how you always bake cookies for events at church and are known as the "cookie lady." So sweet. So sorry to hear about the squirrel. I hit a bird on my way to school one morning and still feel bad about it. Couldn't be helped, but I wouldn't have hit it if I could have avoided it. Those daisies are beautiful. It's so nice that you got a hug from Liz when you gave her some Snicker Doodles. Glad you had another good day. See you again soon!

Linda said...

The daisies are pretty. Don’t forget that Hawks have to eat too.

Granny Marigold said...

Looks like you had another nice day. Interesting to me is how our sunrise is so much earlier than yours. 5:16..... must be because we're so much farther north.

Ann said...

Love seeing the pictures from your walks. It looks like such a nice area. I've always liked daisies.
Snickerdoodles sound yummy. I haven't had those in a long time.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

I love the daisies, they look so pretty.
The pink peep is cute!
The cookies sounds delicious, they will be a hit.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanette said...

All the pictures are so beautiful! I love the flowers planted around the rock! Good that you are known as the cookie lady at church!

Happy@Home said...

You have certainly earned that nickname.
I love the flowers around that large rock. So pretty.
Good to see the pink peep again.

Prims By The Water said...

Jus think that peep is so adorable. Janice