Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2024

Painted Rocks

 It rained during the night and when I got up there was a light drizzle.
By the time I got to town at 6:35 it was wet but nothing falling
from the sky and was just cloudy.
62 degrees and the sun rose at 5:55.
Morning Walk Steps
13,234

Started out by walking around the upper cemetery first.


Then walked over to the ball park and walked around that loop.
Continued back to the other cemetery, walked around there
and then up and down the main road through town and
the side streets.


Saw John walking Prim and a runner but far away and they didn't
look like anyone I knew.

The kids at the day care center in town painted these rocks
and them along the side of the driveway.
Some are pretty creative.



☁️    ☁️

After breakfast I baked the last of the cookies for the kids for Saturday.
This time it was Chocolate Chippers.
All together there are 8 dozen.
 3 dozen Snickerdoodles
2 dozen Viking Cookies
3 dozen Chocolate Chippers.

Had an email from the library saying my book was in and ready for pick up.
It is the next book for the book club.
The Bookshop of Yesterday's
by Amy Meyerson

While we were out we stopped in the DG Market and picked up
a card, and a couple other things.

Was going to start reading the new book but decided I would finish
up the one I'm reading now first.

Supper tonight was Tacos but instead of putting everything
in a taco shell we put it in a burrito shell.
I usually use the taco packet but didn't have one so went
on line and looked up what spices go in it.
I will put my own spices in it from now on - no more packets.

That's all I have today.
A happy day to you and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂

17,898
2,530,744

16 comments:

Tom said...

...those are some lucky kids!

Granny Marigold said...

Cute painted rocks. A couple of years ago grandson M and I painted some just for fun. I don't think we ever put them out though.

ellen b. said...

A great cookie treat for the kids! That's good to be able to make up your own spice combos! Happy Thursday!

Sandi said...

Some amazing talent on those rocks!

Mari said...

The rocks the kids painted are so cute.
Glad it stopped raining for your walk, and you could enjoy some misty scenery.
The kids will love the cookies!

Rose said...

I love the painted rocks...I wish Roger still liked tacos. I should fix some for myself but just never do. Yet I do other things.

Rose said...

I meant to say I like your new header

Debi said...

I love the painted rocks. I've done that with my grands a couple of times... fun activity!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I make my own taco seasoning and keep it in a little shaker jar. This way, you can mix it to your own taste. The kids did a great job with the rocks! I think you changed your header? I love it!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Those painted rocks are so cute and creative! I love the new header for your blog! See you again tomorrow!

Ann said...

Some of those rocks are pretty clever. Fun idea for the kids and I bet the driveway looks cute with them

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I really like your new header! The painted rocks are so cute, the kids are creative. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Jean said...

I love your new header! Wow, the children are certainly going to enjoy all those cookies you baked for them! The painted rocks are so creative. I love walking in our local Park and find one hidden. Have a lovely weekend! Jean from Bucks County, PA

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! Good idea making your own taco packet!

Lowcarb team member said...

Those painted rocks do look nice.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

Not sure how I missed this post yesterday, but wanted to say how cute the painted rocks are that the children did.

Good for you finishing up the cookies for Saturday! I know the children will enjoy them. You have such a generous heart, Karen.

I'd be interested in hearing how you like The Bookshop of Yesterday's. I've currently put a hold on my book buying until I get some of my books read that I already have, but I do still make use of "wish lists" . :)