Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Dark Sky

 I started walking in town at 6:20 and it was sunny and 49 degrees.
Saw a rabbit and a couple of deer on my way to town.
Sunrise 5:52


Walked over to the post office first to mail a card.
Then to the library to drop a book down the slot.
Continued walking up and down the main road and side streets.
Walked around the ball park, and both of the cemeteries.

Not much left of this truck.
It's been sitting in the parking lot of the town garage.


Sheila was out running around the upper cemetery when I was walking there.
We both made a few laps around going in opposite directions and
talked each time we passed each other.🙂

Nearing the end of my walking the sky looked pretty dark out
toward the west and thought for sure I'd get rained on.



But the rain held off and the first rain drops came when I got in the Jeep.
That happens quite often to me.

Morning Walk Steps
13,183

☀️    ☁️

It's been a day of rain, sunshine, rain, and more sunshine
and the temperature never made it out of the 50's.

Got some housework done.

I'm reading the book club book now,
The Bookshop of Yesterday.
I'm about 100 pages into it.
Like it but don't love it, kind of slow going..

Did some knitting this afternoon too.
I'm working on a ripple scarf.

That's it for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂
18,257
2,639,964

17 comments:

Tom said...

...the box will bring BIG money!

Dianna said...

The picture that youtook at the park is SO pretty. I love seeing the steam rising from the pond.

I susrely hope that whoever was in that truck made it out alive. Goodness!

The pictures of the dark sky are so pretty. I love things like that.

We made it up to 67 today, but it's supposed to be in the low 50s again tonight. Hard to believe that we live in counties next to one another because of the difference in our weather conditions.

Lowcarb team member said...

That was good the rain held of while you were walking.

All the best Jan

Happy@Home said...

Nice that the rain held off until you were finished walking.
I just finished a book that was slow going. I like it so much better when they are hard to put down.

ellen b. said...

Love the misty first photo! No rain on your head and an overall nice day for you!

Rose said...

It sprinkled this morn, was only 55¯ when I got up, and got up to 70's but not sure just what the degree was. Sun shone but the wind is so strong and cool, I cannot sit out and enjoy reading. And even Copper doesn't enjoy sunbathing when it is as it has been the past few days.

Granny Marigold said...

Mixed weather here too. Rain, sunshine, more rain then hail and thunder only to end the day with more sunshine. I like your pictures that capture the dark sky!!

Mari said...

Funny how the sky changed so much while you were walking. Glad you stayed dry! That dark sky is a cool pic though.
That poor truck really went through something - looks like a fire?

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad your weather didn't get an y worse. They say if it has been sunny when it storms, that can cause dangerous weather. The sun seems to make the conditions worse.

Katerinas Blog said...

I found your blog very positive!
I will follow!!
How beautiful to walk and see bunnies and deer!!
I hope the weather improves there!
Have a nice day!

Ann said...

That is a dark sky. Glad the rain held off until you got to the jeep. It wasn't too warm here yesterday. It wasn't cold just not as hot as it has been

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the first image of the pond! The sky looks dramatic, I am glad the rain held off for your walk. Take care, enjoy your day!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I love a good spring/summer storm! The picture of the dark sky is beautiful!!! Have a wonderful day, my friend.

Sandi said...

The sky looks ominous.

Kerri Farley said...

What a wonderful moody sky!

Visits With Mary said...

The truck looks burned, must have been a fire. Good for you that the rain held off until you reached your vehicle and I wish we were having your cool weather. It's very hot here and the summer is just starting. {{sigh}} Enjoyed walking with you today☺♥

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

I hope no one was injured in that truck. It looks really bad.