Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 07, 2024

Sunday

Happy Sunday
I had a pleasant walk in the sun today though it was cold at 28 degrees.



One of the hymns we sang at church this morning.

🎶 The Bible Stands 🎶
Haldor Lillenas  1885-1959

1. The Bible stands like a rock undaunted
'Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal,
And they glow with a light sublime.

Chorus:
The Bible stands tho' the hills may tumble,
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble;
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation,
For the Bible stands.

2. The Bible stands like a mountain tow'ring
Far above the works of man;
Its truth by none ever was refuted,
And destroy it they never can. 

3. The Bible stands and it will forever,
When the world has passed away;
By inspiration it has been given,
All its precepts I will obey. 

4. The Bible stands every test we give it,
For its Author is divine;
By grace alone I will expect to live it,
And to prove it and make it mine. 


A Blessed Sunday to you.
happyone ❤️ 
16349
1,653,406

9 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, winter still has a grip on you. Stay warm and well.

Debby said...

Man, 28 degrees is freezing! 🥶

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your expanded happy face with the cross and heart! How could that not cheer up someone's day?

Mari said...

Look at that blue sky!
I like your mirror message today.
I've never heard that song, but the words are great.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wishing you a happy Sunday.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

Hi Karen,
I can't imagine still having such cold weather! Hopefully you will warm up soon :)

I've never heard that hymn before. We sang a version of "Just As I Am" today that I had never heard before. I guess someone took an oldie and made it new.

I still love the old hymns.

Happy Sunday!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos! Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

Ann said...

We had a cold start to the day yesterday as well. I think it was at 30 when I left for work.

ellen b. said...

So thankful God gave us His Word and we can hold it in our hands and read it.
Happy new week to you.