Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 08, 2024

A package and a hopping peep

Walking in town at 6:25.
45 degrees and cloudy.
A light rain shower came along and then the sun.
Sunrise 6:49
I can start my walk going around the cemeteries now that it isn't so dark, 
so I walked around them first.

Walked over to see the cows.


Took two pictures of the sky this morning.
Couldn't decided which one to post so heres both of them.
This first one on the way to the cows.


And this one on the way back.


Next I walked over to the ball park and then walked all over town
for the rest of my walk.

A couple men were fishing and they were the only other people about.

Morning Walk Steps
13,467

☁️   ðŸŒ¤

Got some laundry done and it was nice enough to hang the clothes outside.

Baked some chocolate cookies.
Put half chocolate and half white chocolate chips in them this time.
Kept a couple for us and the rest for the kids at Sunday school.
Still have to make another batch for them.

I finished knitting the green baby blanket but didn't take pictures or
put it on my other blog yet.
Will do that tomorrow.

We watched the eclipse this afternoon with glasses 
that we had gotten from the library.
David and Liz came over and we shared the glasses.
There was just a tiny little sliver that didn't get covered.
Really cool to see.

The yarn I ordered from Herrschners came in the mail today.
Happy Times🙂
I bought a small circular knitting needle for a project.
Haven't knitted anything in the round so this will be new for me.

All the red bulky yarn is for a bedspread that I'm going to knit for our bed.
I'm thinking it is going to take quite a long time to finish.
The other yarn will be used for baby blankets.
Think I'll be able to make two.


You might remember the little pink peep that one of the ladies
who I meet at the library for stitching made for me.
It's been hopping around to different places every week.
Thought it might be fun on Mondays to post where it ends up.


 That's it for this Monday.
Have a happy one and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂
20615
1,674,021

16 comments:

Happy@Home said...

That peep is so cute. Is it hopping around on it's own or is Ken helping it out?
I'm glad you posted both of your sunrise photos as they are gorgeous.
A bedspread sounds like a major undertaking. I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Tom said...

...the images of the wrapped hay bales are fabulous. We were overcast today, the eclipse was anticlimactic.

Mari said...

I like both sunrise shots and wouldn't be able to choose just one.
We watched the eclipse from work with glasses too, and it was amazing. Just shows God's amazing creation and artistry too!!

Billie Jo said...

My goodness! That Peep is adorable! And I am glad you shared both sky pictures. They are beautiful. I would love to have one of your cookies. Or maybe a bite of the dough! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think both of the sunrise pictures are great.
So good that you were able to see the eclipse.
That peep is so cute.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is the perfect place for the Peep, it shows it off really well. I can see how you couldn't decide which of the two sky photos to post. I'm glad you did both! My favorite is the second one.

Dianna said...

Oh I do like your blue bottle collection. Makes a lovely background for the pink peep.

Debby said...

Love those cows!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. So glad you got to see the eclipse. It was only a partial out here in Utah, but last fall, there was an almost full eclipse visible from Southern Utah and we saw that one, wearing the protective glasses of course. It was very cool. Really something to see. I love the cute little pink bunny by your blue bottles. So glad you yarn arrived. See you again soon!

Ann said...

You had a busy day. I watched the eclipse here. That peep looks good next to those blue bottles.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love seeing the cows, they are cute.
The sky and sunrise shots are beautiful, gorgeous colors.
The peep is cute! The cookies sounds delicious.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! I am excited about your knitted bedspread! And knitting in the round is a cinch! Good walking! xoPom Pom

Rose said...

I don't know where to begin....I love the sunrise shots. You did good to post both. the second is my favorite but I really love both.

The yarn you bought is beautiful...and what a fun little peep. Yes, show us where he ends up each Monday. It will be fun to watch for him.

The Furry Gnome said...

Have fun with that great package of wool! and with your hopping peep!

Prims By The Water said...

What a great idea for the Peeps bunny! I saw the eclipse. It was amazing. Good luck on knitting a larger blanket. I crocheted a queen size one for my brother once and it took me three years. It was the joke of the family get togethers until I finished it. Janice

ellen b. said...

My eyes are getting worse. It took me a long time to see the cows. I do like that peep in front of those blue bottles. Glad you got a good view of the eclipse.