Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 06, 2024

Day 6

On the way to town saw 6 deer this morning.
 Got to town and started walking at 6:35.
Heading up to the main road here, Jeep parked behind me at 
the town pond parking lot.


It was 33 degrees and a bit windy.
Just cloudy at first but after a few minutes I walked in periods of snow.
This is the 6th day in a row I walked when it was either raining or snowing.
Really not complaining because at least I'm out side walking.

Walked up and down the main road and up and down all the side streets.
A couple of loops around the ball park.

Passed by the car dealer and couldn't resist making smiley faces on a couple cars.


Next it was to the cemetery and around there a couple of times.


One last walk up and down the main road and back to the Jeep.


Didn't see anyone else out walking but there were two people
fishing!! at the pond.

Sunrise was 6:52
Morning Walk Steps
13,647

☁️    🌨

Just had time to eat breakfast, do the dishes, and make the bed,
before heading out to the library to meet the stitching ladies.
Only three of us there but we talked enough to make up for the missing people.
I just about finished the second slipper, with just having to knit the toe
and sew it up which I did this afternoon.
You can see a picture of the slippers


Ken is cooking supper this evening.
Sausage Potato soup with spinach.
He doesn't have a recipe - it's a bit different each time he makes it,
but delicious every time.

That's all I've got for today.,
Happy Saturday and thanks for visiting.
happyone🙂
17997
1,637,057

17 comments:

Sandi said...

:)

Will you share your soup recipe? It sounds good.

Sandi said...

Oh, oops...just realized I skipped the second part about him not having a recipe!

Tom said...

...I see that winter had the upper hand today!

Mari said...

I hope that next week you get sunshine on your walks!
I like your smiles on the cars.
Soup sounds good!

Lowcarb team member said...

That soup sounds tasty and I used your link to see your slippers, they look nice and comfy.

All the best Jan

Debby said...

Good thing there weren’t any alarms on those cars!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The slippers are beautiful! I love the color and they look so warm. I don't know how you manage to walk so far before you have eaten anything! Love the cemetery shot with the curved road and dusting of snow.

Ann said...

I had 3 deer run out in front of me when I was going to pick Gibbs up at the groomers yesterday.
Love that you put smiley faces on the cars.
Sausage potato soup sounds really good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow again ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the happy faces you put on the car windows.
The weather has been crazy lately, I hope it warms up soon.
The soup sounds yummy.
Take care and happy Sunday, have a great new week!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Yes snow snow and snow again. Where is the Spring? I wonder...
Have a beautiful Sunday & take care.
Titti

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Walking is one thing, you get warm but sat fishing no way not in that weather, mind you any weather come to that.

ellen b. said...

The slippers are a great color and they look comfy! Love the smiley faces on the cars and my mouth is watering just thinking about that soup! Happy Sunday to you.

Jeanette said...

Hope you got a sunny day for your walk today! Your slippers look warm and comfy!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the smiley faces on the cars! It's true that you bring happiness wherever you go! Your knitting group sounds like a lot of fun. I love those knitted slippers. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the snowy smile face!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't use a recipe for my soups either and I must say that they always turn out tasty. It's such a good way to get enough vegetables in our diet.

Pretty lilac slippers 💜💜💜