Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 04, 2024

Pink Glow

I was in town and walking at 6:35.
It was 33 degrees.
It was snowing but very light with just on and off showers.
Snow showers are better than rain showers, at least I don't get wet.
Saw all those deer again on my way to town.
Some on each side of the road and down the middle.
Sunrise 6:55
Before long it will be light when I start out.

The sky had a pink glow to it this morning.


I walked around town with a stop at the library to drop a DVD down the slot.

Next went over to the ball park and walked around there.
Continued up and down the road in the industrial park.

Back around town and both of the cemeteries.

No one else out again.


Found a Penny
Morning Walk Steps
14,236

☁️    🌨 

Left after breakfast to get some errands done.
To church to do a little job there.
Walgreens
Lowe's
Shop and Save again! 
Got gas
Library

Had to pick up a book from the library that was on hold.
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
It is the book for my book club which meets a week from today.

Back home just in time for lunch.

A couple of chores to do around the house and then read and knitted.
Finishing a Miss Read book before I start Garden Spells.

Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone❤️
21,842
1,599,740 

19 comments:

Tom said...

...pink/red skies in the morning, sailors take warning. The image of the barn is delightful, real Americana.

Rose said...

I so love that big barn...it looks huge. I opened the pic in another tab and expanded the view...right above the barn on the far hill, there is also a house I just love.

That sky was beautiful!

Mari said...

You had another pretty walk. The sky is lovely and I always appreciate a landscape with fields and barns.
You added another penny!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This book looks really good, and the reviews are great. I am tempted to buy one myself. The sky is gorgeous, I imagine even prettier when walking under it.

Dianna said...

I enjoyed the Miss Reed books. It's been several years since I have read them but they were good.

That pink glow in the sky is beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the pink sky, it's beautiful.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a beautiful pink sky. I hope you enjoy the new book you started. See you again tomorrow!

doodles n daydreams said...

I've read the Miss Read series abd really enjoyed them. Many years ago now though.

Debby said...

A penny saved is a penny earned! Love the pink sky!

Granny Marigold said...

I'd love to know what you think about the book Garden Spells ( once you've had a chance to read it). . The title is familiar to me and I'm wondering if I've read it.

Ann said...

What a pretty morning sky. It's snowing lightly here this morning. Hoping it doesn't amount to much.

eileeninmd said...

Love the pretty pink sky and the barn scene.
We have had a lot of rain, no snow.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a wonderful photo of the pink sky.

God bless.

The Happy Whisk said...

Stunning photograph.

Prims By The Water said...

Went out to the grocery store for lunch and it was a snow rain mix. UGH when is Spring going to be here. I do love me a pink sky. S pretty. Janice

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous sunrise!

The Furry Gnome said...

And I admire your undying commitment to get out walking every day!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a nice day...hope today is going just as nicely!! Have a wonderful weekend!

ellen b. said...

Pretty pink skies! Sounds like a productive shopping day for the two of you. Happy first weekend in April!