Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

First porch sitting

 

42 degrees when I started out walking in town at 6:25 and
at the end of my walk it had gone all the way up t0 62.
Sunny and just a slight breeze.
Sunrise 6:37
Won't be long before I'm getting to town after sunrise.

On my way to town I saw a couple of deer and a rabbit.
Saw another couple of rabbits when I was walking.

Walked around the lower cemetery a couple of times and then up the hill to the other cemetery and made a couple of laps around there too.

Then headed on over to the ball park to walk around there a couple times.


Continued walking over to the DG Market and since I was there at the
industrial park walked up the down the street there before
heading back to town and to the Jeep.
Weather was so nice I took another loop around the lower cemetery before
ending my walk.

Joy was out walking again as well as Rebecca with Leo.
One other woman was walking too but she was a new one who
I've never seen before.

Morning Walk Steps
14,160

❤️  🌤  🌺

After doing a load of laundry and hanging it outside we drove up 
to Grantsville to do our weekly shopping at Cassleman's Market this week.

Today was like a summer day.
Went outside this afternoon but didn't do any work.
Just walked around and looked at things.
I planted Wisteria 5 years ago when we moved here at Happy Trails
and have been waiting for it to bloom.
Last year there were only a few blossoms.
Not so this year, LOTS of buds on it now.
It flowers before the leaves come.
I can't wait till it is blooming, I 'll be sure to take a picture.

Dolly, the deer is back again this year and once again found her
spot under the bridge out back.
She is the only one who goes there.


We have been seeing a couple Pileated woodpeckers out back and it 
looks like they've been at this tree stump where the deer come to drink.
This morning the stump was fine, they did quick work.


I got the chairs wiped down on the front porch and then ended
up sitting there for a while.
I read and did a crossword puzzle
It was more like a summer day in the 70's.
Just beautiful.

Supper today is cheese quesadillas.
Yummy.

Thanks for stopping by and have a very happy Tuesday.
happyone❤️
20,703
1,826,182

17 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Aritha V. said...

Oh, how great that the weather is so beautiful! Love to see it in your photos. It's bedtime here now, so I say goodnight.

Tom said...

...the barn and the double daffodil are showstoppers.

Mari said...

That first photo is so pretty!
What kind of flower is that? Maybe a multi-petaled tulip? It's pretty too.
Those woodpeckers are so neat to see, but they can make a mess!
The deer under the bridge is so cute!

Rose said...

Don't you just love being able to sit outside comfortably! I just can never have too much of that. Even on the hottest days, you will find me outside.

Lowcarb team member said...

I look forward to seeing your Wisteria in bloom.
Pleased to see Dolly is back :)

Al the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a nice day! So glad to see that Dolly the Deer is back to hang out in your backyard under your little bridge. Sounds like you had a really good day. See you again tomorrow!

Debi said...

There's nothing like spending time porch sitting!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, they really decimated this stump! The light in your photos is beautiful!

Granny Marigold said...

Wisteria is so beautiful when it blooms.
I love that Dolly the deer returns to her favourite spot under the little bridge.
I sat on the porch today too but I had a warm vest on and a throw over my legs, that's how chilly it was.

Ann said...

Sounds like a beautiful day. The woodpecker sure did a number on that tree stump. I so wish I had a covered porch to sit outside.

eileeninmd said...

Love the view of the barn and your deer!
I love the wisteria blooms, it will be nice to see your in bloom.
The Pileated Woodie is a great yard bird.
Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

It's so beautiful there. I just love your daily walks :)

Dianna said...

I love Wisteria. My grandmother had it planted so that it was a vine all across our front porch. It was so nice to sit on the big porch swing that my great uncle built and enjoy the Wisteria.

We've seen a Pileated woodpecker close to our house recently...which is a novelty for us. It looks as though yours did a fine job on that stump.

Billie Jo said...

Those are the best days, my friend. The ones spent just being, appreciating the beauty around us. I do not practice that enough! Beautiful photos!

ellen b. said...

Ahh...what fun to have a porch day in April. Now I'm wondering when we should bring our outdoor furniture out and cleaned up for the season ahead. Your photos from the walk are so pretty. Looks like the best of days for walking. Wisteria is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing the blooms.

Prims By The Water said...

Love your first pic. Dolly looks cute and that stone bridge is amazing. Have a nice time on your porch. Janice