Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

A lazy day

 

6:00 we had a thunder storm pass through but by the time I
was ready to leave for my walk it was gone.
The road was wet when I left my house but 1/2 mile away the road
was dry as it was in town.
We must have been at the very edge of the rain.

I got to town at 6:30 and it was cloudy, 55 degrees and no wind.
Sunrise 6:35

Walked around the lower cemetery first and then the one on the hill.

Went over to and all the way around the big barn.  
Some of the cows have been let out to pasture, I would guess about half of them.

Pretty sure these are some of the cows that were in the barn.
I took this picture with the barn behind me.


Next I walked over to the ball park and made a loop around there
and then back to the pond.
Continued up to the main road where I saw my little friend Kinsley
just walking out the door at the day care to wait for the school bus.
Just enough time to get a big hug from her before the bus arrived.
Her bus driver is one of the ones who always waves to me.

Passing by the new white house in town, I saw a young woman
sitting out back reading.
I smiled, said good morning and welcome to Accident.
She smiled back and said thank you.
I'll probably see more of her as time goes by.


Morning Walk Steps
13,064
Found a Penny in the library parking lot.

☁️  🌺  💰

Kind of a lazy day, doing really do much.
Did sit out on the porch again, this time Ken with me.
I finished reading another book,
Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg which I thought was very good.
It is the sequel to The Story of Arthur Truluv which was just as good.
That one was a book club selection that we all loved.

That's going to be it for today.
Happy Wednesday and thank for visiting.
happyone🙂


Comment Replies:
Rose - Sorry, forgot to answer your question yesterday.  Yes, I've read all of the James Herriot series and liked them a lot.  Also have watched the TV series, new and old.

Mari - The yellow flower from yesterday was the only one in the middle of a bunch of daffodils so I'm assuming its a fancy daffodil.

17 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sometimes it's nice to have a lazy day.
Mind you, you still managed 13,064 steps ... so well done.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...we had a raincoat day. The robins are happy hunting for worms.

Mari said...

Lots of pretty pics today. I really like that cow pic.
Thanks for the answer on the flower. Such a pretty dafodil!

Granny Marigold said...

I finished reading Garden Spells and also First Frost. I enjoyed both of them and since I own them I will be passing them along to various family members who read the back of the book and thought it looked interesting.

Rose said...

It does feel wonderful to be able to sit outside...I bet it is just as wonderful for walking.I have been out two or three times today and daughter and I sat out a long time yesterday evening. Roger used to like to sit out, but has not enjoyed it at all for several years now.

Those James Herriot books are ones I read every few years. And I have watched both the new and the old series, and enjoy them both, thought it did take me a bit to get used to the new cast of characters.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the photo of the dawn sky with the cows in the field.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have several books by Elizabeth Berg, and have read some of them and enjoyed them. I don't have the Arthur Truelove book so I think I need to get a copy and read it. Glad you had a relaxing day. See you again tomorrow!

Debby said...

A new neighbor! How fun.
I am pretty much outside now on my patio. Mornings and in the afternoon. It’s so nice after being cooped up from such a successful rainy season. Now I want to get out - as much as possible!
Pretty pictures of the flowers!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

That's wonderful to get so many steps in, and your walk takes you in all kinds of wonderful places and views! I like to walk every morning as well, and usually get in at least 3-5 miles a day. Life is so much better after a brisk morning walk! It's nice to relax and read too - life is better with a book in your hand :) Blessings to you!

Ann said...

What a great way to start the day. Maybe that new person in town will join your book club.

eileeninmd said...

A nice walk and a pretty sky photo!
The flowers are beautiful. I love Spring!
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

try the Harmony series by Phillip Gulley. Real nice reads about a Quaker pastor and the people of his town.

Dianna said...

Hi Karen. The pink sky in your picture is just beautiful! Glad that you were able to "meet" the person in the white house. You are such a happy and outgoing person so I'm sure before we know it you will be getting to know her. :)

I saw your reply to Mari's question about the yellow flower. It's a double, old-fashioned Daffodil. We have some here at our house that came from out at my brother-in-law's farm. They were originally planted at an old homestead foundation there on the farm.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you are having the same Spring unpredictable weather that we are getting here, too. Another good walk in. It's nice to find an enjoyable book series. Hope your Thursday is another porch day!

Happy@Home said...

Your pictures are looking very springlike. So pretty.
Your friendship with Kinsley is so sweet.
I have read most of Elizabeth Berg's books and love them all. I especially liked Arthur Truluv, but I don't think I have read the sequel. I am going to look for it at the library.

L. J. Lowe said...

I truly enjoy reading your blog posts. I have to say, it's my favorite of all that I make time to read.

Prims By The Water said...

Loving all of the Spring flower pics. Janice