Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Spring Weather

There was a quick rain shower on my way to town,
but that was the only rain and then it was a mix of sun and clouds.
Spring temperature this morning at 50 degrees.
For me the ideal walking weather!!
 Sunrise 6:47

Walked all around town and over to the DG Market where I turned around and walked to the ball park loop to do a couple of laps.

Then it was around town a bit more and finally around both of the cemeteries.

A fisherman was at the pond and I saw Rebecca out walking  Leo.

There was a man walking the cutest puppy around the ball park.
It was a mix but you could see Lab in her and she had the cutest face.
He told me the dog was a rescue and he was taking care of her
during the day for a while until the family took her.
The dogs name is Mica and I'm glad they have found her a home because
I would have taken her home!!!

Nice to see some activity and people out walking this morning.
Maybe now that it really does seem like spring more people will be around.


Morning Walk Steps
13,538

🌤     ðŸŒ¤

Food shopping day and we went to Walmart again this week.

On the way home driving through town I saw a walker
walking in town and when we got closer realized it was David.

I posted the green baby blanket with pattern directions on my other blog.
You can see it 
HERE is you care to.

Did a few things around the house and then read.
It is the book club book and have to finished it for Thursday.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for visiting and have a happy day.
happyone❤️
18651
1,692,672

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great walk. I took a long one before our rain started this morning.

Tom said...

...that daffodil is a beauty. We were in the low 80s, a bit too warm for April, 9th!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Love this shade of green, and babies are so attracted to bright colors like this. I have never seen a jonquil like this!!!

Mari said...

It looks a lot more Spring like than it did yesterday!
I really like that daffodil.
Your baby blanket pattern is so pretty! Some baby will be blessed.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is such a beautiful baby blanket. I love the color and pattern. You and your baby blanket group bless many families. Sounds like David like walks like his mother! Glad you had a nice day. We are having spring-like weather here too! See you again tomorrow!

Dianna said...

It's nice to know others are out walking now that it's more spring like weather. The green baby blanket is so pretty, Karen. You always do such nice work.

ellen b. said...

Ha. Glad you recognized David! I love that green baby blanket. It is nice to see more folks out and about!

Debby said...

What a pretty daffodil. I’ve not seen one like that before. What a peaceful town you live in. Funny that the other walker was your David!

Rose said...

That puppy sounds so cute. I saw a little basset hound yesterday morn. I wanted to stop and get out of the car and pet it so bad. There a group of seniors that walk their dogs every morning, and sometimes one or two join them that are not seniors. And there is every kind of dog around here. All well taken care of.

Connie said...

Beautiful daffodil, don't you just love spring 🌼

Barwitzki said...

Happy greetings to you. How long do you spend on your morning walks?
I always walk through the forest for about an hour, but yesterday I went for a bike ride and I live in a hilly area... I have to say, it was tiring up the mountain. I really enjoy cycling when the weather is nice.
I wish you much joy. Being outside is just wonderful - isn't it?
Hug

Ann said...

Sounds like a perfect day. It was warm here yesterday making it into the 70's.

eileeninmd said...

Great walk and a pretty flower!
The puppy does sound cute!
Take care, have a great day!

Jeanette said...

So glad Spring is finally starting to show up!

Aritha V. said...

I sometimes watch videos on Insta of dogs being rescued. That really gets to me. Your daffodils are so beautiful with their orange hearts. It's nice that spring is breaking through more and more.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers. Spring at last.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

That daffodil is lovely.

All the best Jan