Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Work Picture

 A cloudy morning for walking with just a slight breeze and 36 degrees.
Arrived at town at 6:30.
Only saw 2 deer on my way to town.

Walked up and town the main road and then kept walking toward home.
Turned around and on the way back turned up Sale Barn Rd
and went up there a ways before turning around.


You can see the long barn on the right where the cows are kept and one of
Farmer Marvin's other barns in this picture I took from Sale Barn Rd.


Back to town and around both of the cemeteries.

I pass by this little cemetery along one of the side streets.


Didn't walk around the ball park because I had all my steps in already.

The second new house is now getting the siding on.
I like the dark gray.


Morning Walk Steps
13,098

☁️   ☁️

Now that we have the scriptures we headed out to
church for a work day of assembling them.

Here we are in the activity center working on Fingerprints.
(I took the picture so I'm not in it)
Our Paster gave the scripture assembly the name of fingerprints
because of the many 'fingerprints' that helped put them together.


It was a great working day but now I'm happy to be home.

Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - They ride to Bedford, Pa from our house is not that far.  It takes about 1 1/2 hours and it is a nice ride.
20622
1,474,754

7 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the dark siding. Do you know what it made of?

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the pic of the mountains with the row of bare trees in front of them. A few years ago, our church changed the name of Prayer Requests to Fingerprints Of God. I think that is not a descriptive name for prayer requests! But even though I am the manager of it, I can't change it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It was fun to see the picture of your Fingerprint Ministry at work. I think I would rather have a house with white siding than dark gray or black, but maybe I will change my mind when I see the picture of the completed house. The population of your little town must be growing with all the new houses! Glad you had another nice and productive day. See you again soon!

Lowcarb team member said...

'Fingerprints' is a good name.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

I like seeing the picture of the Fingerprints ministry at work. I also like the name and why it's named that.
I like the siding on the house.
I think you've told us before, but I'm wondering why Sale Brown road is called that. Was there a barn that sold things?

Ann said...

I definitely like that dark gray color on the new house. I've seen houses around here with that color combined with stone and it's really striking.
That's a nice big room you have to work in.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Great captures of the barns, cemetery and the new house.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy Easter weekend.