Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 29, 2024

Poor Rabbit

I was in town and walking at 6:30 and it was 36 degrees and cloudy.
A gusty wind every once in a while.
Sunrise was 7:04

Driving down my road I first saw 2 deer and then saw 7 more. 
I was watching the deer closely encase they ran in the road when a 
rabbit shot out right in front of me.
No time to brake and at first I thought he made it across but
then I felt my back tire run over him.
I felt so bad!!!!
Then on the way home home I had to pass it again!!
Poor thing!!

Walked up and down the main road in town and then around the cemetery.
Then to the ball park and around there a couple of times.
Back to the other cemetery and around there.

One lone goose enjoying the pond in the early morning.


Pretty quiet around down and hardly any cars.
Schools closed because of Good Friday.

Morning Walk Steps
11,259

☁️   ☁️

Another work day at church doing Fingerprints.
A good turn out these two days and we got 
9,422 Roman's books put together, cut, and boxed up.

Did a few things around the house when we got home.
One thing was to change the look of my hutch around.


Looking forward to our homemade pizza again on this Friday.

The day ended up being a nice sunny one though it did stay windy.

That's it for today.
Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Mari - At one time there was a barn where a cattle auction took place up along Sale Barn Raod.

Tom - Pretty sure the dark gray siding is vinyl but will check it out for sure tomorrow when I walk.
18791
1.493,545

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I like those blue and white "chargers"? on the wall.

Ivy Green said...

Sorry about the bunny, before Easter no less. There’s nothing else you could’ve done, but you still feel sad when something like that happens.

You have a beautiful hutch arrangement.
I had a set of your same plates - Pfaltzgraff if I recall correctly - that I ended up giving away when we moved, but kept a couple of the mugs.

Prims By The Water said...

I once hit a raccoon and kept telling myself I did not. I hated running him over. Janice

Mari said...

I hit a squirrel once, aagh, I hate that!
Good job on the fingerprints.
The hutch looks nice.
Thanks for the answer on Sale Barn Road.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We are having an Aldi pizza for dinner. Wow, I can imagine that really shook you up! Too much wildlife and other critters to try and keep track of.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the new look of your hutch. I hit a dog years ago and it was very traumatic. A few years ago, a deer lept into our car on a highway and that was traumatic too. Your Fingerprints ministry has really been busy! I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Dianna said...

Your hutch display is so pretty. I really like the plates, especially. The shaker boxes look so nice stacked like that.


Ann said...

Sorry about the rabbit. I know how that feels when you hit one. It's happened to me and no matter what the animal is, it makes me feel really bad.
Your hutch looks really nice.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the view of the pond! So sorry for the bunny.
Homemade pizza sounds yummy.
Happy Easter weekend!

Barwitzki said...

I wish you a happy Easter...
and I imagine there are hats in the boxes in the left corner :-)) Imagine that... HUG.

The Furry Gnome said...

I killed a rabbit once, made me feel terrible!

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry about the poor rabbit. They really are indecisive about crossing or not crossing and it seems inevitable that a few don't make it.
Have a blessed Easter.

Rose said...

I love those blue windmill 'plates' on the wall to the right of your hutch.

Hill Top Post said...

Your Folk Art Dishes look so nice in the hutch. I had a large set of these same dishes which we used when all the family came to eat, but recently gave them to my daughter. She thinks she hit the jackpot.