Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Saturday

 At 6:30 I was in town and started walking.
The herd of deer were down the road again and thankfully 
no animals ran out in front of me when I drove to town.
It was 39 degrees, no wind with a mix of sun and clouds.
Great walking weather.
Sunrise 7:03




Started walking up and down the main street in town.
Then around both of the cemeteries.

Walked around the big barn with the cows and their calves.
I bet they are looking forward to being let out in the pasture.
They are pretty crowed in the barn now.

Not to ignore the bulls, went down the other barn to see them.

Continued back through town again and around the ball park a couple of times.

There was a car in the driveway of the modular home so looks
like someone moved in there.

There was a fisherman at the pond.

Morning Walk Steps
13,328

☁️    🌤

My morning was spent at the library with the stitching group.
4 of us there today.
I started knitting a pair of purple slippers for myself.

We brought another box of gospel tracts home yesterday to count and put 
 rubber bands around them in groups of 10 and
I spent the afternoon doing that.

Got tired of looking at the things on the mantel so changed
that around today.

That's all for today.
Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Tom - Not sure what a charger plate is.  These plates are 16" across and I think they are just decorative.  I saw them in an antique shop some years ago and Ken surprised me one Christmas with them.
I checked out the siding on the dark gray house and yes, it is vinyl.

Viola - The shaker boxes are where I keep all my Christmas decorations.
16720
1,510,265

9 comments:

Tom said...

..each week I watch Antiques Roadshow and have seen charger plates. They are service plates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charger_(table_setting)

Prims By The Water said...

Purple slippers sound comfy. Please share once finished. Janice

Ginny Hartzler said...

Purple slippers sound lovely. I hope you show them when you are finished!

Ann said...

Looks like a beautiful morning. I'm with the others, hope you'll show your slippers when you're finished with them.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty photos, looks like a great walk and morning.
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely morning! Happy Easter!!!

Mari said...

Looks like a lovely morning with the sun rising.
You'll have to show what you did with the mantle. :)

Jeanette said...

Beautiful morning for a walk! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Lowcarb team member said...

I wonder if the fisherman at the pond caught anything?

All the best Jan