Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 02, 2024

My Granny Square

A rainy walk this morning.
35 degrees with a bit of a wind.
Got to town and started walking at 6:35.
Though I didn't see any sun it rose at 6:47.
Morning Walk Steps 12,801

Started my walk going to the post office to mail off a birthday card.
Then walked all around town, the ball park and both cemeteries.


As you can imagine it was very quiet around town and didn't see anyone.
It was just me, the chickens, and the geese.

🌧

I was so looking forward to the stitching group today to learn
how to crochet and make a granny square.
I went prepared with my Crochet Hook number I and some pretty yarn.
The name of this yarn made me smile,
Apricot Sprinkles.


There were 5 of us there today.
Debbie was the one who gave the 4 of us lessons.
Two of the women knew how to crochet and made granny squares
many years ago and just needed a refresher.
Jalene and I were new to crocheting.
It was a bit rough going but I managed to get the idea but need
a lot of practice.
Debbie was very patient and a good teacher.

The morning flew by and by the time we were ready to go home
this is what my granny square looked like.
It is bit misshapen but Debbie said pretty good for my first time.
I think it looks pretty sad! 😀


This week I'll try to add a couple more rounds to it.

Ken made us nachos for lunch when I got back home.

The rest of the day I worked on the latest puzzle for a while,
read and did a little knitting.
Thought I had done enough crocheting for one day.

Supper is going to be roasted vegetables and Italian sausage.
This has turned out to be one of our favorite suppers and we have
it quite often.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Saturday
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Connie - Thanks, but I'm not amazing, I just like to walk. 🙂🚶‍♀️

17596
1007398
Sunday 15990
1023388

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Supper of roasted vegetables and Italian sausage sounds good.

Well done on your crocheting.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

Oh... I like that yarn! And I agree with Debbie... your Granny Square looks good for your first one.... especially since you are just learning to crochet. Proud of you, Girlfriend. xx

Mari said...

I like that yarn and the name is fitting! I think your square looks very good for a first square. You did good!

susan q said...

Like everything in life, Karen, it just takes practice. And if you don't like it, frog it (technical crochet term for ripping it out). Many granny square patterns on pinterest for you to check out and of course, YouTube tutorials for granny squares.

Tom said...

...Karen, you sure stay busy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is great for a first time! And it is really even, as well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Good job on your granny square! I tried to make a whole afghan of granny squares a while back. Like with anything, practice makes progress! Charly made roasted vegetables and sausage a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious. I hope you have a good Sunday!

John's Island said...

You and your camera make a wonderful team. I clicked on the image you snapped along your walk to get the large view. Golly, I can almost imagine myself being there. It is just great. Thanks, as always, for sharing!

Prims By The Water said...

Congrats on making your first granny square. In no time at all you will have crocheted a blanket. Nachos sound yummy.Janice

Ann said...

Love that name, Apricot sprinkles. It's a pretty yarn. I think you did good for your first attempt at crochet.
Your supper sounds delicious.

eileeninmd said...

We had a rainy Saturday! You did good with your first Granny Square.
The sausage and roasted veggies are yummy, one of my favorites.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

ellen b. said...

Looks like a successful first day of crochet. Love that yarn. Happy Sunday to you!

Jeanette said...

I think that's pretty good for the first time!

Aritha V. said...

Oh wow, that turned out really well, your crochet work. It looks so adorable. And the name of the cotton or wool is so funny. Thanks for your lovely blog.

Shall I send some sun your way?

Linda said...

Like she said, it’s not bad. Years ago, I learned to crochet by following diagrams in a booklet. That was hard. I haven’t done it since then.

William Kendall said...

Italian sausage is a good idea.