Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 23, 2024

The Chicken

I was at town and walking at 6:25.
It was a cloudy morning and the fog rolled in as I was walking
so it got a bit misty out and I got a little damp.
 The temperature was 40 degrees and 
sunrise was 6:59
Found a nickel 🙂💰

Walked over to the industrial park and walked around in there.
I just noticed that there was a little stream behind one of the parking lots.


From there I went over to the ball park and walked that loop.
The chickens live next to the park and one escaped again
and this time she started following me.
About a quarter of the way around she went back the other way.
I've had animals follow me before but never a chicken.


Next I walked through town and up to the cemetery and by then it
was pretty foggy.


Leaving the cemetery here and though it was 8:00 it seemed much earlier.
Down the end of the road is the parking lot where my Jeep is parked.


Almost forgot - look what I spotted around the bottom of a tree.
Snowdrops


Again didn't see anyone else out.

Morning Walk Steps 12,458

☁️    😶‍🌫️

Finished up my house cleaning for the week in the morning.

We had to go down to Oakland for an appointment this afternoon.
Stopped at the library on the way home to pick up some things on hold.
2 books for me and 2 DVD's for Ken.

We ended up having a nice sunny afternoon.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
HennyPenny - Oh yes, I still like Turkey Hill!! 😃

17730
883363

15 comments:

Tom said...

...#3 is a winner and snowdrops are wonderful early spring treat.

Dianna said...

Neighbors used to have chickens and when we would go for a walk, there was one white one that would always follow us for a while.

My Lenten Rose is blooming now.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Looks like even the chickens in your town want to be your friend! It's always nice to get the weekly cleaning chores finished. I hope you have a good weekend! See you again soon.

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

That is so cute with the chicken.

That photo of the cemetery in the fog is formidable.

Sandi said...

That is a beautiful chicken!

Mari said...

I like a misty morning!
I thought of the chickens you come across on your walks today. I saw something about wire mesh balls that farmers put their chickens in. They roll around when the chickens walk, so they can get anywhere they want to go, but they are protected from predators. And they said a bonus is that the farmer can catch them easier.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see the snowdrops.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Are those crocus around the tree? The chicken is maybe a tame pet! The mist photos are very pretty, and I love the little stream. Is this the first time you have noticed it?

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes from your walk.
It is funny the chicken was following you.
I like the snowdrops, they are pretty.
Take care, have a happy weekend!

Ann said...

Love that picture right after the chicken. Not everyone can say they took a walk with a chicken

Debbie said...

You might become Dr. Doolittle :) next thing you know, you'll have a line of animals following behind :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How funny about the chicken! That would be a first for me too. Enjoy your weekend. Hope the weather is nice!

Jeanette said...

That's funny that a chicken followed you. I saw those wire mesh balls that Mari was talking about in her comment. It's pretty comical to see actually!

ellen b. said...

Followed by a chicken is funny. Glad you had a nice afternoon with some sunshine, too.

Granny Marigold said...

I checked out the chicken orbs that Mari mentioned in her comment. I found that quite interesting. We used to keep a couple of hens in our back yard but now the city has made that illegal.