Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 24, 2024

A prayer request

Town was like a ghost town this morning.
Didn't see any one and not very many cars either.
Saw a bunch of deer on my way to town but scattered around here and there.
Started walking at 6:40 and sunrise was 6:57.
It was 31 degrees, calm, and cloudy.
A few stray snow flurries here and there.

Walked around both cemeteries.


Then over to the ball park.
Just me and the chickens.
There are 19 of them.


Continued my walk all around town and up and down most of the side streets.

Morning Walk Steps 12,691

☁️    🐓

Stitching morning at the library.
Just 4 of us.
3 of us knitting and one crocheting.
Next week Debbie is going to teach me and Mikey how to crochet granny squares.
Mikey knits a blanket pattern that I like a lot and she gave me
the pattern today.
Can't wait to start on it but want to finish my pink shawl first.

While at the library it started snowing.
This is what it looked like driving home.
(I stopped the Jeep to take the picture.)


Finished the latest puzzle.
A bit of a challenge but not too hard not to be enjoyable to do.


Read and knitted the rest of the afternoon.
The sooner I get done with the shawl the sooner I cat start on the blanket.

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone❤️

I'm asking that my praying friends please say a prayer for Ken.
Monday he goes in for surgery to have his pacemaker replaced.
Thanks so much.

He has to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM so we will be leaving home at 4:30.
Not sure what time the surgery will be.
They say he should be able to come back home the same day.

Psalms 54:2  
Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.


Philippians 4:6 
Be careful for nothing; 
but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving 
let your requests be made known unto God.


Comment Replies:
Mari and Janette - Cool idea about the chickens walking around in those mess balls.  I found them on line.  They call them Orbs.  They are also good for rabbits. 

17471
900843 

22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I will pray for him. I love the old fashioned book store puzzle.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll keep Ken in my prayers, and you too. Sweet hugs to you both!

Tom said...

...good luck Ken, my pacemaker needs to replaced soon too.

Street Writer. said...

Prayers for Ken.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the photograph of the chickens and the finished puzzle looks good.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

Love the puzzle.
I'm interested to see your new blanket pattern.
Will be praying for Ken!

Sandi said...

Praying!!

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

Praying for Ken.

Henny Penny said...

Will remember Ken in my prayers.

Linda said...

Best wishes to Ken. May caring hands channel God’s love as they perform the surgery.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Praying for Ken. I hope that all goes well. I will also put his name and your name on our church prayer roll. Sending you virtual hugs.

Ann said...

Sending prayers for Ken.
I like that puzzle.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- All the best for Ken and his Surgery- hope everything goes well for Ken. Best Wishes. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for Ken and for you.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...


I love the photo of the chickens, they are cute. The book store puzzle looks good. Sending prayers for Ken!
Take care, have a wonderful day and happy new week.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Prayers for Ken and you.
Lots of love from Titti

Debbie said...

I love the puzzle! And prayers for Ken, a safe drive, no complications and peace over you both.

Dianna said...

Karen, we will definitely be praying for Ken... and you....on Monday.

ellen b. said...

Yes, I will pray for Ken and for you as you wait. Praying now as I type and I wrote it in my planner for Monday.

Jeanette said...

Prayers for Ken that all goes well.

Prims By The Water said...

Prayers go out for Ken. Love the chickens. Janice

Nellie said...

Sending my prayers along for Ken’s procedure on Monday!