Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 22, 2024

End of sunny days

The sunny streak is over.
This morning it was a cloudy walk and rain came after I got home.
The temperature was 37 degrees with no breeze at all.
Got to town and started walking at 6:30.
Sunrise 7:00
Morning Walk Steps 13,439

Walked the same route as yesterday.
Around one of the cemeteries.
This is the pond down by the cows and the Drane house.


Then down the main road towards home and back.
Around the other cemetery, the ball park loop and then around town
and a couple of side streets.


No activity to speak of around town but sure nice to be out walking.

☁️

Did the basic house chores this morning and then it was a Fingerprints
work day at church.
Today work started at 12:00.
We left early and made a quick stop in Lowe's.
We worked from 12:00 to 4:00.
People come and go and work when they can.
Work time will continue till 8 or 9 this evening.

When we got home we had shrimp and French fries for supper.
Nice now to relax watch a DVD, knit, and read till bedtime.
Oh yes, and I still have my ice cream most evenings.
Tonight it will be chocolate chip mint.

Happy Thursday 
Thanks for stopping by
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Ginny - No, I didn't write the saying about faith yesterday.  Read it somewhere but don't know who wrote it.  

Debi - If you click on the link WALKING ? under the header I've answered every question I could think of about my walking.

18474
865633   

15 comments:

Tom said...

...in winter a sunny day is a gift, enjoy them.

Faith said...

We've had a glorious sunny week here in eastern NY and I'm loving it!! We're supposed to get some rain tonight..we probably need it since we haven't had much snow at all this winter.

I love to walk....now to get rid of these daily headahces and neck pain and maybe I can walk more than 2 miles!! I miss long walks.

love your pics!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love mint chip ice-cream! I used to eat a big bowl of ice-cream every evening.

ellen b. said...

Glad the walkways in town are clear and good for walking. We've had rain the last couple of days and it finally cleared and warmed up this afternoon. Hope you have a good sleep!

Dianna said...

I was sad to see those sunny days go, but I guess we need the rainy days also. Glad you got your walk in before the rain started today.

Granny Marigold said...

You hadn't mentioned your evening snack of ice cream for a while and I wondered if you still ended your day with that treat. Now I know. (We had ice cream tonight but it was French Vanilla which we both really like).

eileeninmd said...

We had some cloudy skies and rain yesterday too.
We did get out for an early morning walk, it was only 35°.
Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Aritha V. said...

It's so nice to read your walking and day stories. They make me happy and inspire me to go for a walk too.

Jeanette said...

Ice cream is one of my favorite treats and chocolate mint chip is the best!

Henny Penny said...

We've had some pretty days too but woke up to rain this morning. Supposed to turn colder tomorrow when the front comes through. Spring is getting closer. I need to look back at some of your older post and catch.

Henny Penny said...

Meant to ask if you still like Turkey Hill. I am on my third carton of Double Dunker. (I think that's the name) Never thought I would like to but boy was I wrong! I'm hooked! :)

piccolina said...

Walking is good for the heart. :)

LC said...

Your dedication to walking encourages me to keep at it. At this stage my walking is usually around and around in our two bedroom house built to let me walk with my rollator, rain, shine, hot or cold. God is good! LC

Lowcarb team member said...

Chocolate chip mint ice-cream sounds good!

All the best Jan

Ann said...

Mint chocolate chip used to be my favorite until chocolate peanut butter cup came along.