Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Faith

Once again I walked in the sunshine.
Got to town and started walking at 6:30.
Only saw one deer cross the road today.
The temperature was 28 degrees and it was calm.
Sunrise 7:01
Morning Walk Steps 13,292

Started out walking up to the cemetery and around there.
Went down to see the bulls at the barn by the Drane house this time
instead of visiting the cows in the big barn.
Didn't want the bulls to feel I was neglecting them.

 


Next I walked down the main road back towards home a ways,
turned around and when I got back to town walked around the other cemetery.

Continued on to the ball park and made a couple of loops around there.

Then it was back along the main road through town.

When the snow plows come through town and throw the grit around
a LOT of it gets on the sidewalk.
I noticed today that they have started to clean up the sidewalks.
The grit has been swept up into little piles liked this all along the sidewalk.
 I just took this picture of the piles, looked up the road and here comes
Liz down the road in her Jeep on her way to work.


Still haven't seen anyone else out walking the same time as me.
It has been so nice lately too so it surprises me I haven't seen any one.

☀️

Changed a few things around in the house while I was cleaning.
Moved a chair from the bedroom out in the living area and 2
rocking chairs into the bedroom.
I like a little change every once in a while.

A nice sunny day in the 40's.
Went outside a bit this afternoon just because it was so nice out.

When I came back inside I read a bit and also knitted.
I'm working on the pink shawl I'm making for myself.
It's been a while since I started it and look forward to having it done now.

Taco Burritos for supper tonight.
Then I'll be heading out for Wednesday night service at church.

Thanks so much for popping in for a visit.
Happy Wednesday
happyone❤️

When you come to the edge of all the light you have known,
and are about to step off into the darkness,
faith is knowing there'll be something to stand on,
or you will be taught how to fly.
18136
846859

19 comments:

Debby said...

Other than that pile of grit, the street looks very clean.

I'd be the same way with the bulls - it would hurt my heart if they thought I was ignoring them. lol.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always think it nice to have a change around in the house every now and again.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...this is often a gritty grimy time of year.

Sandi said...

Your life is good. 😊🎈

Mari said...

Glad you aren't ignoring the bulls!
Looks like you had a nice day.
I don't think they clean the grit like that here. It's such a good idea.

Doodle n daydreams said...

Yesterday I went out and swept up the gravel on the footpath outside our house and put it a hole some "worker' had made but not filled again. There was just enough, the hole wasn't too big. Now my footpath is clear and the hole is no longer a danger to anyone walking there in the dark.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this poem at the end; did you write it? Wonderful that they are actually cleaning up the grit. You always make the best sounding meals!

ellen b. said...

That dirt and grime is a mess and so nice when it gets cleaned up. Glad you had nice days for walking. I enjoyed your quote on faith.

Debi said...

I changed some things around in the house today. I don't like drastic changes but little ones are always welcome! You have probably answered this question before but I don't remember... I'm curious about how long you walk in the morning. Happy Wednesday!

Dianna said...

That's so nice that the town cleans up the grit from the sidewalks. Enjoyed your quote at the end about faith.

Granny Marigold said...

It sounds like a lovely day!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes always.

God bless.

Ann said...

That's a lot of grit that they swept up on the sidewalk.
Taco Burrito sounds yummy

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love seeing the bulls, I am glad you stopped by for a visit.
It is nice the town is cleaning up the piles of grit.
Take care, have a great day!

Jennifer said...

I love how a little change can make a big impact:) Hope you had a nice evening at church last night. Midweek service is such a blessing. And that today has been a good one as well!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Glad you had a nice walk outside. I love the quote at the end of this post. I am looking forward to seeing a picture of your finished pink shawl. Enjoy your Wednesday evening service. See you again soon!

Michelle said...

I also like to move things around the house. A bit of change is good a freshens everything up!

piccolina said...

Your daily mundane is simply inspiring..making each day extraordinary. And I love your photos and the quote in the last part. :)

Prims By The Water said...

I was thinking about changing up a few things today myself, but did not. We had snow this morning.Janice