Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Tuesday

It was raining when I got to town and started walking at 6:40.
43 degrees with a bit of a breeze.
Sunrise 7:36

Walked all over town up and down the sides streets and down the main road.
 

With school closed this week it was very quiet around town,
almost like a Sunday morning.

Walked around the ball park and both of the cemeteries.
The rain had pretty much stopped by the time I got to the ball park
and the bit of a breeze turned into WIND.
The kind that makes you take a step backward walking into it and
pushes you along when walking with it.


Workers were at the first new house doing the electric.
Nothing happening at the second new house nor at the modular home.

Morning Walk Steps 13,097

🌧    🙂    ☁️

We finished the jigsaw puzzle we've been working on last evening.
It was the third time we've done it so we will be giving it away.


Did some chores around the house.
We usually go food shopping on Tuesday but didn't need anything today.

This afternoon I read and knitted.
Back to knitting on a blanket that was put on hold a while so I could
make some other things for Christmas.

It's been a dreary kind of day but the Christmas lights around the
house made it cheery.
I usually take all the Christmas decorations down a couple of days
after but am trying to wait until New Years Day before putting it all away.

Hope your day was a good one.
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Tuesday
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. 
Be happy now.

Earl Nightingale

15 comments:

Tom said...

...that is a lovely puzzle, indeed winter memories!

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks a nice puzzle.

We have strong winds and rain forecast tomorrow, not ideal for walking or going out, so I may stay in and start reading a book I was given for Christmas :)

All the best Jan

Connie said...

I'm waiting until after New Year's too. Not sure about the outside lights, that all depends on the weather, this old gal doesn't want to slip and fall :(
That puzzle looks fun, but after three times I agree, time to pass it along.
Wishing you a lovely evening and safe passage on all of your walks throughout our following year.
God bless you and your family,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Bill said...

The puzzle reminds me of New England.

ellen b. said...

The latest puzzle we put together was missing two pieces and although it is the oldest puzzle we own it is probably time to send it to the dump. This was a quiet day around here, too.

Granny Marigold said...

The latest puzzle looks challenging. After doing it 3 times I can see why you'd pass it along. Have a lovely Wednesday ( with Christmas on a Monday I'm a little mixed up with my days of the week now).

Debby said...

It’s going to be one of those weeks, where I will never know what day it is. Today I kept thinking it’s Wednesday.

Ann said...

Love the picture for that puzzle. Looks like we're going to have that rainy day here today.
I normally take my Christmas decorations down on New Years day. We'll see if I have enough ambition this year to do it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It has been rainy and foggy here. The puzzle picture is pretty.
I will put my decorations away on New Years day.
Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

Looks like a cold day and one that was perfect for staying in - knitting and puzzling :)

Lisa said...

Tuesday was a wash out for us here in NC too. It was 60 degrees and thunder storms. I stayed in all day and cleaned up Christmas. I really need to get back to walking. We still walk on pretty days when we feel like it but I need to push myself to get back out there on a regular basis.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the jigsaw puzzle.

God bless.

Dianna said...

What a lovely puzzle you have finished! We (mostly Carroll) finished a puzzle yesterday that was given to us for Christmas. It was a wooden puzzle that was laser cut, so there weren't any interlocking pieces. Quite interesting.

William Kendall said...

A good puzzle.

Hill Top Post said...

a dreary looking day for walking. But go we must! I love this puzzle.