Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Framed after 3 years

There was a drizzly rain the whole time I walked this morning.
45 degrees and just a little breeze.
To town and walking at 6:40
Sunrise 7:36
 Morning Walk Steps 13,354

A very random walk up and down the streets all over town.
Walked around the ball park loop a few times.

The chickens all came running over to me.
Had to tell them I had no food.


Got all my steps in before I had time to walk around the cemeteries.

Another quiet morning around town.
No people and very few cars.

🌧    🙂    🌧

Another puzzle got started today.
I have all the pieces out on the table and the border is done.
We've done this one a couple of times already too and will be giving this one
away also.
Going through the puzzles this year one last time.
Next year we can buy new ones to do.


Three years ago I finished this counted cross stitch and it as been 
sitting around waiting for a frame.
Maybe some of you remember it.
Ken made the frame and I'm happy to say the picture is hanging on the wall.


That's all I have for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

17 comments:

Tom said...

...the counted cross stitch will become an heirloom.

Debby said...

Oh I love the framed cross stitch!

William Kendall said...

Quite a gang of chickens.

Sandi said...

God bless our home.

Amen to that! I will take it too.

Granny Marigold said...

Very nice cross stitch; great to have it framed and hung up.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the framed piece- perfect for your home. Chickens are so fun!

Ann said...

I've done that before. I've had projects finished except for one last detail, like a frame, and they sit forever waiting for me to get to it.
Love the snowman puzzle.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the gang of chickens and the puzzle is cute.
Your cross stitch looks pretty framed.
Take care, have a great day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That's a cute puzzle! I haven't done a puzzle yet this year. I love the cross stitch. It's beautiful and will look so lovely in your home! See you again soon. Have a good day!

Bill said...

The puzzle looks like fun with all the snowmen. Your cross stitch is beautiful and looks great framed.

Inger said...

How nice that you got your cross stitch wall hanging up where it belongs and can be enjoyed. I will start on my Christmas gift puzzle soon, but I'm nowhere as good as you. But I enjoy it so much and that's of course what matters.

Jeanette said...

The cross stitch is beautiful! Ken did a good job with the frame.

Ivy Green said...

I remember when you were working on it.

Connie said...

Your cross stitch is lovely and it will be so pretty hanging in your home. I tried cross stitch way back in the seventies and I didn't have the patience for it. Bravo to you, job well done, it will certainly be a family treasure :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful crossstich!! And in a lovely frame, too:)

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a colourful puzzle to do.
I do like your framed cross stitch.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Love that cross stitch and it looks so good in that frame. How nice to get it up on the wall!