Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 25, 2023

Did I walk today?

 Merry Christmas


I actually THOUGHT about not walking but I DID.
If I didn't walk I'd just be sitting at home waiting for Ken to get up because
I'm always up before him.
Walking around in my little town in the early morning watching the day begin
and thanking God for all my many blessing was the perfect way to 
begin this Christmas day.

I was at town and walking at 6:30.
No white Christmas for us this year, it was 42 degrees and cloudy.
Morning Walk Steps 12,741

Walked all over town, both cemeteries and the ball park.
The guy who runs laps around the ball park was doing his laps.

Walking down to the cemetery KitKat came out to meet me and
walked about a block with me.
He walked ahead of me and kept looking around to make sure I was still there.


Most people had all their Christmas lights on and since it was still dark
it was nice seeing all the lights.

When I got back home Ken was up and had all our Christmas lights on.

I made us blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

David and Liz came over this afternoon to enjoy the day with us.

πŸŽ„   πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„


Matthew 1:21-23

 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: 
for he shall save his people from their sins.

 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled 
which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, 
and they shall call his name Emmanuel, 
which being interpreted is, God with us.


Happy Monday, Happy Christmas and thanks for stopping by.
Thank you, my blog friends for visiting throughout the year and a special thank you to all who leave comments.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳


I passed by a church and this was written on the sign.

Jesus was born so you could be born again.

That says it all and again may you all have a
Very Merry Christmas
and take a little time out of all the fun to remember Jesus.
Happy Birthday Jesus.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...here today, it was a gorgeous for a walk. 55 F and blue skies. Certainly not a Christmas Day of my youth. Merry Christmas, Karen. ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

William Kendall said...

KitKat is good company.

Granny Marigold said...

We took a shorter walk than usual but it was nice to get out ( it was raining very lightly) and wish any folks that were out walking a Merry Christmas.
It's only 11:30 and I still have to do the sweet potatoes to take along to
GD Kate's place. We're having our meal at 1:30.
Have a lovely evening, GM

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Merry Christmas to you and Ken and David and Liz. I figured you would walk today. It was one of your favorite things to do, so why take Christmas off?!? See you again soon!

Ann said...

Sounds like a perfect way to start your Christmas day. Merry Christmas.

eileeninmd said...

Hubby and I took a walk to the lake, we may make it a Christmas tradition to do a Christmas hike. Cute photo of Kit Kat. Take care, have a wonderful week!

ashok said...

Merry Christmas!

Bill said...

Nice that you got a welcome from KitKat on your Christmas Day walk.

Prims By The Water said...

Kit Kat looks like a friendly kitty. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. It was 55 here and no snow. Janice

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the Bible quote.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

Merry Christmas Wishes.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a lovely start to your Christmas day. Glad you could spend the afternoon with family. We got the best gift on that Christmas day long ago!

Debby said...

We went on a mid morning hike on Christmas Day. It was refreshing!

Debby said...

Oh I meant to add, that cat is adorable. What a hunk. Cute that he walks along side you on a portion of your walk. Cats do that. So cute

Kerri Farley said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!