Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Tuesday

Not a good day for walking in town.
Snow, wind, maybe ice, no clear place for walking.
Started getting my steps for the day in the basement first thing.
Had three sessions in all.

After breakfast did some house cleaning.

I went outside after lunch and swept off the porch and in front of the garage.
Walked down our icy driveway to get the mail.
Shoveled a little snow but really wasn't out all that long.

I finished sewing up the baby blanket for December.


Also tied the cards on the mini prayer squares.

Supper today is tuna casserole and broccoli.
I call lit tuna casserole but actually use canned chicken.

Happy Tuesday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ

Comment Replies:
Faith - Under the header is a tab, WALKING FAQ and there you will find every question I could think of about my walking. 

๐Ÿ“–    ๐Ÿ“–    ๐Ÿ“–
I finished my Bible reading.
Each year I read the Bible through and I got done a little early this year.
Those last few verses of Revelation always give me the chills.
22:18-21 

 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things,
God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, 
God shall take away his part out of the book of life, 
and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. 
Amen. 
Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

17 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

The baby blanket is pretty, bright and fun. Driveway covered in ice today here. Burrr...

Tom said...

...that's a great color combination!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your December baby blanket looks great, such a nice colour combination.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

I love the colour of your baby blanket, it's a beauty.

Mari said...

That's a festive baby blanket!
Yes, that's a firm warning at the end of Revelations, followed by a wonderful blessing.

Faith said...

thank you for directing me to your FAQs!!

INDIAN LAKE!!!! I am there OFTEN. My parents owned a camp just down route 30 by about 25 min in Northville. I go to Lake Abanaki in Indian Lake village often to swim and kayak as well as we have hiked almost every mountain trail and deep woods trail in Indian Lake!! How fun is it to know someone who knows this teeny tiny town in the central region of our beloved mts!

Dianna said...

Lovely blanket, Karen! Love the Christmas colors. Did you have much snow? We only had about 3-4 inches of snow and that was overnight. The Santa carving is so cute!

Thank you for sharing the end of Revelation.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Powerful words ending the book of Revelations for sure! I love those prayer squares and the lovely Christmassy baby blanket. I hope your weather improves. I love your little Santa. See you again tomorrow!

Ann said...

I like that blanket. It looks very festive.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It was really windy and cold here yesterday, only a few snow flurries.
The baby blanket is so pretty, love the colors.
Take care, have a happy day!

ellen b. said...

So good to read the warnings in those verses. Come quickly, Lord Jesus! Congratulations on reading through the Bible in 2023!

Connie said...

It's good to have a healthy fear of God and do our best to walk in His ways. Remembering that we are sinners, only saved because of the wonderful blood of Christ Jesus. Now, you get to start over again . . . isn't it wonderful that each time you read it, you see more in each book. May your eyes be open even more and your heart be filled with His great and merciful love.
Merry Christmas,
Connie :)
P.S. pretty blanket.

Granny Marigold said...

The December baby blanket looks very cheerful and festive.
Good for you finishing reading the Bible in a year.
Granny M

Happy@Home said...

A perfect blanket for December. I can just picture a sweet little baby wrapped up in it.

Billie Jo said...

I LOVE the baby blanket! Have a cozy evening, my friend. I love tuna casserole!!! I will try it with canned chicken!

Jeanette said...

Such a pretty, Christmasy baby blanket!

William Kendall said...

That's a cheerful Santa.