Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 18, 2023

Split walk

Didn't look so nice outside this morning when I got up.
A cold rain was falling and I just didn't feel like getting wet
so decided to walk in the basement.
After two miles down there I noticed it had stopped raining
and went outside to check the weather.
Didn't feel cold either so got on my outside walking clothes and went to town.
It was 37 degrees and was just cloudy.
Arrived in town at 7:30 and walked around town, the cemetery
and the ball park.
A few snow showers came and went while I was walking and it got windy.

The corn has finally been cut down.


Walking down the main street in town I saw Liz driving in town and turn
down the post office road so I walked to the post office to see her.
She was mailing off some pretty big packages to her kids and I helped
her carry the packages inside.

She made us some cookies and was going to drop them off at the house
so she just gave them to me now.
When we got out of the post office it was like a blizzard but it only lasted
for about 5 minutes and then it stopped.

Finished walking and then went back to the Jeep.

Total of the basement walking steps and town steps were 13,541.

πŸŽ…πŸ»    πŸŽ„    🀢🏻

Today I made Pfeffernusse Cookies.
Some I'm giving away but keeping some for myself too because
these are some of my favorite cookies.
It's one of those things I say I'm going to bake at other times of the year
but never do.

We had snow on and off today but so far it hasn't amounted to anything.
We shall see what the morning brings.

Did some reading this afternoon and finished knitting all the 
mini prayer squares that I wanted to make.

Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳


Comment Replies:
Melanie - You are right, picture is sunrise. 

17 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I walked outside this morning and it was 12˚ with wind chill figured in and super windy. Even Scruffy was glad to get back inside. You did good-lots of steps. xo Diana

Mari said...

We had crazy weather today too. It was raining, then freezing, then snow and winds! And now it's supposed to warm up again.
I've heard of those cookies, but never had them. I bet they are good with that molasses!

Dianna said...

The weather has been a bit crazy today, yes? Schools dismissed at noon to prepare for the big snow and the snow plow has been up and down our road several times, but so far there has been no accumulation of snow.

Your ornament for today is so cute!

Oh...and the cookies are anothr of our family favorites, too. I don't make those as faithfully as I do the Lebkuchen but both are Christmas favorites.

Tom said...

...the rain here made for a nasty day to be out. Take care and stay warm and well.☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Deb J. in Utah said...

I think my mom used to make some cookies like those Pfeffernusse Cookies you made. If I get time, I may get use your recipe and make some. I hope your weather improves. We need rain and snow out here. We got some in November and now things have dried out - not good for our water supply Have a great day. See you tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Strange weather you had ( 5 minute blizzard).
I baked cookies too today and did laundry. Of course I walked first. We left the house maybe 10 minutes later than usual and found there was a lot more traffic. There are 3 schools quite close by so that means lots of parents dropping off kids.

Ann said...

We had snow yesterday and were expecting 6-12 but this morning I would say it looks like about 3.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love the Christmas decorations.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The weather is strange, we may have some snow showers this morning.
I just saw some photos of ski slope at Wisp, it is open now.
The cookies are a nice treat. Take care, enjoy your day!

Faith said...

OOH... we know those cookies as Russian teacakes. When our youngest daughter majored in Russian in college she baked us a whole bunch when she was home on break. (she studied russian from grade 5-12 and loved it so much she wanted to major in it along with her sociology major!).

my mom used to make these for new years eve and called them Snowballs. hahaha.

I have to ask: how do you get 2 miles in your basement?? are you on a treadmill or just walking around and around??! I need some ideas. I'm not supposed to power walk on a treadmill due to my degenerative discs and ever since i retired from preK special ed teaching in June i've noticed it's a struggle to get in over 10,000 steps a day unless i'm on a good hike in the ADK. Usually I'm able to power walk 1.5-2 miles a day before sciatica or cervicogenic headaches act up. I'm hoping to up that count by spring. If i walk my entire neighborhood, it's only 2 miles so i might start going down the main road to the next neighborhood if i can get my lower back to cooperate.

i enjoy your snippets of your walks!

Jeanette said...

Those cookies sound really good!

Bill said...

We had some hail this afternoon but no snow. Looks like we'll have a rainy Christmas. :(

ellen b. said...

Glad you could finish your walking outside once the weather cheered up. Good timing to be able to help your friend carry in her packages and then receive yours. :) Blessings...

The Happy Whisk said...

I admire your walking. I've not done much excercise lately and need to get back to it. Cookies sound good!

Prims By The Water said...

I never made any cookies this year, but received many from friends and relatives so I have had my share. Cute ornament. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

Strange weather, but it happens!
The cookies sound tasty.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The weather has been odd.