Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A walk to town


 I left the house a little later than usual this morning at 8:40.
Walked to town instead of driving.
That's why I left later after breakfast - wanted to walk in the sunshine.

It was only 16 degrees but with the sun shining and no wind it was
actually quite nice.

It's a little over two miles to town.


Also didn't think the sidewalks or side roads would be clear of ice and snow
and I was right, so glad I decided to walk.


I turned around and headed back down towards home when I got to town.
When I got to Barn Sale Road walked up that way.


Then back down and walked home.
This is the road I live on.


Around a couple of curves that go up a hill that is steeper than it looks
in the picture!!


My driveway is up there on the left.


Forgot to look at my pedometer before I left so don't have an
accurate step count of my morning walk but it was probably around 12,500.

Didn't see anyone else out and walking up and down my road didn't see
any cars either. 
Cars just on the main road.
It was a very quiet and peaceful walk.

πŸŽ…πŸ»    πŸŽ„    🀢🏻

Worked on the latest puzzle a little this morning and late morning
we took a trip to the dump and got rid of our garbage..

After lunch I did a wee bit more cleaning.

Started reading a Miss Read book.
I'm reading the Fairacre series now.

Since I've finished with Christmas knitting I'm back to knitting the shawl
I started for myself.

Some of the Christmas cookies I baked, I put in tin and was walking
up the lane to give it to a neighbor.
On the way I saw Liz coming home from work and she stopped to say hi.
Then the neighbors I was taking the cookies too came driving down the lane.
He stopped and I gave him the tin of cookies.
Never did get very far up the lane.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳

Comment Replies:
Faith - My parents lived right on Abenaki Lake.  They lived in a log cabin and there was a gazebo down by the water.  Perhaps you've seen it!!

Diana - We probably got 4 or 5 inches of snow.

15 comments:

Bill said...

Nice photos. It does look cold but the sun does takes the edge off.

Tom said...

...you have so much snow! Blue skies are few and far between here. ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Lowcarb team member said...

Quite a bit of snow you've had ... nice to see sunshine and blue skies though.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Glad you could walk most of those roads without any traffic on them. It's wonderful to have sunshine. How nice for the smooth cookie tin delivery!

Dianna said...

I'm glad you were able to get out and walk to town today. Carroll enjoyed the sunshine and warmer temps while he split and stacked firewood today.

Mari said...

I love the blue sky in that first photo. I really enjoyed seeing the streets around you, I love country roads!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you had a very snowy walk!

The Happy Whisk said...

Both the cookies and the walk sand good.

Ann said...

Sounds like a nice walk. Love the looks of the road you live on. Nothing quite like a country road.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a nice walk, a little too cold for me.
Pretty views of the sky and the fields.
Take care, have a great day!

bunw1125@gmail.com said...

I LOVE Miss Read books. Fairace and Thrush Green stories are the best. See if you can get the Christmas stories Christmas at Fairace. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Bun

Granny Marigold said...

Looks like a lovely walk you had this morning. We met so few people on our early walk. I suppose folks are busy or it's just too dark early in the morning and they walk later.

Aritha V. said...

You make me so happy with your photos. Oh, how I long to see the sunlight again. We'll have to wait until next year.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a pretty, sunny morning for walking!

William Kendall said...

It looks comparable to the snow here.